chapter 10

Malia's POV

I couldn't go to class knowing everybody will be stealing glances my way and by everyone I mean my friends, I'm perfectly alright but they keep making it look like I'm not and I don't like feeling pitied but I can't let them know because they will sense something behind that word and I'm hoping to tell them at the right time but it's not yet time I guess.

I like them all and I feel loved and safe around them but I don't want them over protecting me when I let them into my world, feeling like they are responsible for my wellbeing , I just want them to be friends and normal.

Not try to make me feel more hurt by their help because I had been badly injured it will just be annoying .

I walked into an empty classroom and sat at the back where no teacher or any one of my friends will be able to find me but I know someone will at least at that time I should have calmed down a bit and rested.

Slumping on the chair, I picked up my phone and decided to learn how to work the freaking thing. I could only call and text , there wasn't any music or videos. After long hours of furrowed brows , scrunched up face and little bids of sweat. I gave up totally, I'm going to trade this phone for something simpler I don't care if its the thing that's trending , its a waste of money to someone like me.

I checked the time "wow its still 2 , seriously when will this day be over....its such a drag ".

The door opened at my last sentence. 'Did I just perform magic, it would be totally cool' I rolled my eyes.

How stupid can I be, magic doesn't exist or does it?.

That's when I saw her face pop through the open area. She came for me, I was already angry that no one decided to come look for me but since I practically ran away they must have felt to leave me be for sometime.

"Hi, are you okay?" she asked still holding the opened door.

I'm not sure I am and I decided not to reply since I wasn't sure yet.

I could hear her sigh, she finally walked in and shut the door behind her gently .

"I'm sorry for the way everyone acted out there" she sat in the seat closest to me on my left.

"Its just that we freaked out", "we were scared and we didn't want you to feel ignored if we didn't show that we cared" she paused. "we were just trying to show you how much we care for each other if one of us got hurt" .

I understood but they took it to a whole different level making it look like I broke my leg or I was beat by a drunk man.

'You were beat by an old drunk man idiot' the voice said.

You're not really helping you know right.

'I'm here to please' the voice teased.

I shook my head and looked at Ti .

"I understand but you guys totally freaked me out", they really did.

"Juices in my face, checking my hands, neck and face". I could go on.

she simply nodded her head.

"You guys were more grabby than caring and I'm sorry for running out like that, Mason kept smirking and it added to my unease".

I smiled at her trying to ease the atmosphere and she pulled me in for a hug which took me by surprise .

"Ti you can let go now" she hugged harder.

"I should have known you were trying to kill me"

She pulled away and jabbed my tummy.

"ouch" she looked at me and held up her hands.