chapter 4

Malia's POV

The corridor was dark and everywhere was silent, I crept out of my room making sure I didn't make a noise as I tiptoed to Ben's room, I walked in, retrieved the phone, as I was tiptoeing back, her door sprung open, my heart literally came out of my chest, she walked past me in her silk nightdress , I had forgotten about her sleep walking,  immediately she was out of sight, I sprinted to my room and closed the door gently locking it afterwards.

That was a close call , she almost had us, the little voice in my head said and all I did was nod, trying to catch my breath.

Sitting on the bed I ripped the package off and brought out the phone, switched it on and to my surprise the phone had already been set up but Ben's name was written on it at the back.

As if someone knew I had turned the phone on it rang, I quickly picked it up but the line went dead. Strange, I placed the phone at the side of my bags pocket and went to bed.

I skipped school today, I went shopping with Ti and the rest and I met two girls, zendy and Annie.

All we did was laugh and try on dresses, I went searching for a dress on the rack and my eyes landed on a blue short flay gown, my hand skimmed the clothing and the fabric felt nice on my hands, I saw the shop owner staring at me so I left and joined the others.

Ti is really cool she gets me and that's when I realized something in every group of girls there are always different people with their own character.

Ti was the mean one , zely was the fashionable one , Wendy was the love struck one , Tasha was a social Media person, she knew every single gist, ezzy was the weird one, zendy was the sporty one, Annie was hyper sometimes while I was the nice one and a dreamer, the one with the lack of experience and a bully for a mom.

Well I didn't mention the smart one because we were all smart. I like Ti the most, she's always trying to put a smile on my face. The phone rang pulling me out of my thoughts , I dug into my pants pocket and brought it out , it was Diane. I picked it up.

"Hello Diane"

"Malia hello, I called last night".

Her name certainly didn't pop up then.

"I called with the house phone and cut it"

"Oh OK , how's Ben ?" I asked missing my little man but happy he wasn't home with me.

"He is fine Malia,I just dropped him off at school and yes he's back to normal" , Diane's voice giving me the best reassurance needed.

I sighed, happy to hear such good news.
"Well I've got to go, I called to hear your voice and make sure you know Ben is fine"

I nodded in thanks but realized she couldn't see the gesture.

"Thank you Diane, say hi to Ben for me when he gets back from school". My voice almost coming out broken.

"Sure, and Malia?" Diane called.

"Yes?" Scared she was about to say something else.

"Take care of yourself darling", I could tell how sad that came out, I know she wished for me to be there.

"Uhmm" then cut the call, afraid my voice would betray me as my eyes almost did.

"Malia, come try this it would fit you since your the one with the biggest BUTT" Ti emphasized giggling.

"Seriously Ti?" I glared, tucking the phone back in my pockets I joined the girls.

As we were paying for the items bought, the owner brought a small bag and handed it to me, I looked in and saw the blue dress, confusion settling in as I handed it back to here