Chapter 1

Malia's POV
Edited

"Malia , get down here this instinct"
Mom called.

I grumbled and turned over on my bed. My head and body was hurting from the pain it felt, everyday was the same thing, waking up with pains that could drive me crazy but I never complained.

"Malia, Malia!"

I heard my name but was too weak to get up, I would give anything to have a good nights sleep.

"If your not down here soon, I will make you work for a week without eating anything".

I stood up with all the energy I could muster.

"I'm coming" I shouted but my voice came out croaked.

I felt so weak, last night she beat the crap out of my body just for spilling water on the floor. She makes little things seem like it was something big and the reason I spilled water was because she tripped me.

Yes, so cruel. my life basically meant nothing to her, I was just another flesh moving around this house.

Stepping out of my room I walked into Ben's to wake him up. he is my little brother.

"Wake up buddy, you're going to be late for school" he grumbled but complied, I left his room to shower.

Since it was going to be my first day at school I decided to dress normal, I had on my jeans, Grey jumper and settled for a black boat , I bought it last week at a thrift shop. pulling my hair into a ponytail , I grabbed my bag and walked out of the room locking my door. I do that because mom goes through my stuff.

"Ben meet me in the kitchen" I shouted as I walked downstairs, Immediately I step foot into the kitchen I saw my mom going through the fridge looking for her usual drink.

I had thrown it all last night while she was snoring in her room, that stuff wasn't healthy and doing none of us good.

I quickly made sandwich for Ben and I, since mom has not been herself for a while and since the whole divorce thing went down Ben has looked up to me as his guardian and I work two jobs to put food and water in his stomach and I'm grateful that even through this unsettling time, I'm able to outside this house and not feel chocked up.

My thoughts become interrupted by Ben's footsteps running down the stairs.

"Hi buddy you ready to go?" He nods, putting the sandwich in his backpack, we leave the house heading to the bus station.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We got down from the bus then I took Ben to the elementary school few blocks from the high school.

"Are you excited buddy" I knelt down to get to his level. Ben's only 6 years old and he looked just like me with his black hair and brown roots, flat nose and small lips, the only difference was his eyes where a lighter shade of brown , he looked cute in his white shorts, black polo and Nike's on.

"I don't want to go to school today, can't I follow you to work or something?" he asked not making eye contact with me.

"I'm sorry buddy, I have school today but don't worry Diane is going to pick you up when your done here, okay?" I assured him and flashed him a smile .

"Okay sis, hug me before you go to the place you always call hell" He spoke.
I giggled before I hugged him.

"Bye sis" he waved and walked into the building.

I sighed and walked to school.

I called school hell because it's filled with demons that make your life miserable, the bullies who are out to get you, the nerds well who just read or do what they do, then there's the popular kids, who make other kids look and feel like shit.

I walked into the school's building and it was like time froze , the lockers, the tiled grounds and even the ceiling, I went to the principals office there I collected the necessary information that i needed and walked to my first class, 'MATH' I hated the subject .

I opened the door and everyone's staring at me , great I'm the center of attraction. They all look miserable and bored, glad to know I'm not the only one that dreaded math. I shivered at the mention of the subject.

"Well we are glad you can join us miss ......" He looked at me expecting a reply for something.

Your name idiot. the voice in my head spoke.

"Oh sorry, I'm Malia" I said not making mention of my last name, nobody needs to know that.

"OK Malia, find a seat and join the lessons" I nodded and spotted an empty seat at the middle , I walked over and sat down letting the teacher who I do not know his name continue with his lecture on algorithm.

I'm sure I wasn't concentrating throughout the whole lectures, the bell rang , I went through my whole class without being noticed, which trust me is a good thing, I don't like when teachers ask me questions.

I put my book in my bag and left the classroom like the other students, I searched through the crowded corridor for my locker people kept pushing and bumping into me till I got angry and did the same thing, I finally reached the safe havens of my locker, I put the combo, put my bag in and brought out the sandwich I made this morning, then headed to the cafeteria. The place was filled with students. I saw a black haired girl wave at me and I recognized her, I sat opposite her in math. I walked pass her table and saw two other girls seating there, they looked really pretty.

"Hi Malia , come seat with us " she shouted and her friends looked at me and smiled. So much for not being noticed, I sat with them anyway, eating my sandwich as introductions began.

"Hi, am Tiana , this is zelly like your jelly".

I tried not to laugh but I ended up coughing.

That's Wendy, guys this is Malia, I met her in math" .

They all said hi and we started talking and I found out they where all in my next class, the bell rang and we all headed to the gym because we had P.E, everybody does P.E

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After school, I told all three girls bye and walked to the elementary school to pick Ben up. I saw him standing outside with his best friend. I smiled inwardly.

Ben saw me approaching the gates then he ran towards me and gave me a big hug.

"Hi buddy, how was school today?"

He let go of me and replied, "good at least better"

"Good , we have to head to the diner" he nodded.

"Diane will be waiting for you there"'

Diane is my dads new wife she's pretty, rich and she loves my dad so much, she visits me and Ben at the diner where I work , she has been a great support to us.

We walked a few more blocks , I couldn't believe what I saw through the diners window. It was .......it was...... .
I couldn't bring myself to say it.

******
This is the first chapter hope you enjoyed it ......

I won't be putting much pictures , so please bear with me.

Don't forget to press that star button below your screen, I need all the loving and voting I can get from you.

Please vote, comment and share😉

Much love 💖