<6>

Malia's POV

Ti dropped me off at my dad's, I got out then thanked her, I could see the question lingering in her Eyes.

You live here? It's HUGE".

Her emphasis on the huge makes me chuckle, I remembered how that was my internal reaction when I came over.

"No, this is where my dad lives and yes my parents are divorced".

"Well living with your mom is cool right?"
She prompted.

If only she knew the hell I face everyday of my life since their divorce, sadness crept on my face but I masked it immediately.

I shrugged not knowing the answer to the question. I think she might have seen the look on my face for a split sec cause her eyes looked like they had more to say, to ask but she didn't.

"I've got to go, text me?"

I nodded, "Definitely".

We hugged.

"See you at school on Monday" she smiled and blew a kiss before speeding off.

I sighed and put a smile on my face. I saw the gate open and Big Ben was standing there.

Big Ben is in charge of house keeping and security. We call him Big Ben because he shares a name with My little brother.

"Hi Big Ben, is my baby brother home?".

"Yes miss Malia, I don't think he knows you're coming" He smiled.

"Don't tell him, it's meant to be a surprise" I laughed and walked into the gigantic building.

Exaggerations about the mansion did absolutely nothing. The building could be turned into a zoo if my father wanted.

I walked into the front door and looked at the empty hall. The chandeliers and decor took my breath away every time.

I decided to check Ben's playroom and surprisingly he was there, his cute face scrunched together trying hard to concentrate on how to beat his opponent in a car race. I leaned against the wall and folded my hands to my chest and smiled, I miss that cute face of his.

Finally the game was over and I decided to speak, he was still concentrating on the TV.

"Hi buddy, is Diane home?"

He looked and said yes then went back to his game. Immediately he whipped his head so fast, he stood up and raced towards me, I knelt down receiving the force of the impact sway us both a little before I got my balance back.

I laughed hard "you missed me huh?"

He kept clutching on to me like he was afraid I would disappear, then I heard his sobs.

"Buddy don't cry, I came like I promised and instead of you to smile , you're crying?, I think I'll be going back". I bit my lips holding my own sobs.

Pulling him from my body, I used my thump to wipe his wet cheeks. His eyes closed but unable to hold the tears.

"I won't cry again, I thought I would never see you again". Then hugged me once more.

I laughed "well you thought wrong buddy, I'm actually having fun these days" I announce.

He looked up at me searching deep into my eyes for any hints that I wasn't just saying it to make him stop crying.

"I'm not lying and there's definitely nothing you'll find in my eyes" I reassured him .

"I missed you sis" he hugged me again.

"Come I want show you something". He took my hand.

I was shocked, he seemed different like he was growing up or something.