Chapter 31- Decisions

Last night was awesome! Minus the part when Parker talked to me. Most of the night we sat at the willow tree, we never left each others side.

It's Saturday today and we're going to see Miles' dad. That's where we're headed to now anyway since it's about an hour away and it's snowed even though it wasn't that cold yesterday!

Today is one of those really cold days where you just want to stay in bed but unfortunately you can't. Everyone's got really warm clothes on and the heater is on full blast and it's still really cold. Even though we're wolves and we can overheat; we are all still very cold.

"Why does it have to snow today?" Sam whined in the back seat next to Ace and right in front of the heater.

"Because the world hates us." Ace said looking at her.

"Does anyone here actually like snow? Because I do." I said looking out my window to the beautiful snow covering the ground.

"I don't mind it, it's fun to run in when in wolf form." Miles said as he stopped at a red light and looked at me.

"I'll have to try it when we've finished talking to your father." I said smiling at him and he smiled back.

"Sure but it'll be cold, I don't think you'll be able to handle it." He spoke then smirked and I just rolled my eyes.

The rest of the car ride was filled with excitement since we heard that Clover, Jupiter, Navi and Phoenix were back today. When we made it, the area was covered in snow and it looked super pretty.

'We are so going for a run in the snow later Artemis.' I spoke and I could feel how happy she was.

"C'mon we've got to go, my dads expecting us now." Miles said as he intertwined our fingers and we started walking to the massive mansion in the woods.

"You're nervous aren't you?" I asked chuckling a bit about the fact that Miles is nervous.

"Pfft, me nervous?" He said and looked down, "Kinda." He said quietly.

"You'll be fine." I patted him on the back and that's when we entered the mansion.

Everyone from the pack was there, I only thought it was going to be us but oh well. I looked around the room and my eyes locked with my sister.

I soon as my eyes locked with hers I let go of Miles hand and ran over to her, I'm pretty sure I hugged the living day lights out of her by accident. But what can I say, I haven't seen her in what feels like forever.

"How are you Lily?" I said as I let go of her.

"I'm good, what about you?"

"Oh I'm fine, same as usual."

"We'll talk later, the meetings about to start." She said as she pushed me back into Miles' direction and I sat in the seat that was next to Miles, the table was set up so the alpha sits at the front and the others around the table.

"Everybody calm down, there is some very important business to discuss," the alphas voice boomed throughout the room, "First of all I would like to congratulate my son on finding his mate, our next Luna!" He announced and the room was filled with excitement but not long after, the alpha calmed us all down.

"Now, there are two very important things that I have to tell you, the first one being that I am stepping down from alpha." The room went dead silent for a few seconds but it was broken when Miles started speaking.

"Father-"

"Son, I have no Luna to look after the pack with and you do. My time has come to give up my position of alpha and hand it to the next in line," he said as he looked at Miles then to me and he smiled, "The next thing I must tell you is that the vampires and Derricks pack have declared war against us because they want two thing; they want Sam kept alive and they want Blake dead," the room exploded into whispers, "I know you haven't had much training but we must protect our Luna, even if you die protecting her." I looked around the room and they all had determined looks on their faces while I was sitting in the seat, I started crying but my tears got worse when I saw Sam get up from the table.