CHAPTER 27

\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
= WARNING =
This chapter has very unsettling violence, I suggest not reading if that is something you are uncomfortable with.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
- Legolas' POV -
I look down at Mel, then I look up at the soldier who shot her. I pull out my bow quickly and an arrow flies through his heart. Faerveren and Candir run towards me and grab my arms, tearing the bow from my grasp. I scream at them as they drag me away from her. I kick and fight. Then, a pinch in my neck makes everything go black.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I wake up in the castle, and surprisingly, they didn't lock me up. I know Volgana will be back, but haven't I suffered enough? They will still force me to fight, even though I really don't want to fight. It's been three days. I haven't eaten, slept, or talked to anyone. My heart hurts, and my whole body wants to give up. Surrender to death. The only thing keeping me here is Ionwë. Even he can't keep me here for long. Once he grows up, I'll go. Faerveren comes into my room, I look to him.
"Legolas, Volgana has returned. She wants war. For... Um.. Killing her daughter."
Once he mentions her, my breath hitches and my heart stops temporarily. He leaves to let me get ready. I get all my weapons, and look in the mirror. My face looks exhausted and pale. My eyes have bags under them. I no longer look 'perfect'. I leave my hair down, just the was she liked it. I pull out her necklace and look at it.
"I promise mela, I will end her for you.. I will be with you soon."
I go out onto the battlefield and see Volgana and her army. Once the battle begins, I charge straight for Volgana. She blocks my swords attack with her scepter. We fight for a good while before I knock her down and point my sword at her. Then, without hesitation, my sword slides in her chest and through her heart. She gasps, I pull the sword out, and she allows death to take her. I stand up, but before I can feel relieved, I feel a pain in my stomach. I place my hand on my stomach and look at my hand. Red. Blood. I turn around to see Daechir. His tearstained face glaring at me. He grabs my shoulder and puts his sword to my neck. I drop my sword and let him slit my throat. I drop to the ground. I feel the blood from my neck trickling down. I'm so numb from the emotional pain I don't even feel my neck and stomach burning. Daechir smirks. He grabs an ax from a fellow ork and swings down towards my neck. Then everything went black.
I am finally home.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I guess not every story has a   happy ending..
     Especially love stories.
     Especially OUR story.