CHAPTER 13

- Melda's POV -
Legolas and I spend the whole day talking and laughing with each other in my room. We have a few disturbances from Legolas' father, Daechir, and Candir. Other than that we have nothing to bother us. Legolas goes out of the room twice to get lunch, and to get dinner. By the time the sun went down we go outside to stargaze, something we both love to do.
Legolas turns his head and looks at me, then looks at the railing. He grabs my hand and continues to look out at the stars. I look at him when I feel his hand touch mine, but then I smile and look out as well.
"Legolas."
"Yes, mela?" (Love)
"Why do you always call me things like Mela, and melamin?"
"You should know what those words mean Mel.."
He says with a smile, turning his head to look into my eyes.
"They mean love, and my love. Do you love me?"
He tilts his head to the side slightly, not out of confusion, but so he can lean forward. I feel his warm breath on my lips. We've been here before, but his father interrupted us. I lean closer to him myself, then I hear a knock on the door. Legolas rolls his eyes and pulls away from me, and I curse quietly under my breath. I walk over to the door and open it, I see Daechir standing there.
"May I come in?" He asks
"Umm, no, I was just getting ready for bed. It's late, and I am tired."
He seems surprised by my answer, but responds anyway
"I was just wondering if I could sleep in your room tonight, not with you, but on the floor. I've been having nightmares lately and I would feel comforted if I got to sleep in the same room as you."
"I'm sorry Daechir, but I would rather sleep by myself if you don't mind. I'm not much of the sharing type."
"Oh, okay. I will see you tomorrow then. Goodnight."
He leans forward to kiss my cheek but I lean backwards and shut the door.
"Goodnight!" I call from behind the door. I hear him chuckle softly and walk away. I go back onto the balcony and see Legolas stargazing. His beautiful blonde hair flowing with the wind. He took his braids out and tucks some of his hair behind his ear. Like this he looks so much like King Thranduil. I approach him and stand right beside him. I shiver from the cold and light breeze. Legolas notices this and wraps one arm around me, pulling me towards his chest. I lay my head on his shoulder and he rests his head on top of mine. I feel warm, because of Legolas. I truly do love him, even for all his mistakes. Everything he's done. I lift my head off his shoulder and turn to look into his eyes. He looks into mine. He leans forward, I lean forward. Our lips are so close. I feel his hand on my neck, and the other on my waist. I rest both hands on his chest. His forehead touches my forehead. Our lips mere centimeters away. I move my hands up to his shoulders and try to close the gap between us. Before I can he turns his head to the side, and looks down at the ground.
"I am sorry Mel, I must go. I hope you sleep well, goodnight melamin.." He says so softly I could barely hear it. He breaks away from me and opens the door to leave.
"Legolas, wait."
He turns around and faces me.
"Can you stay with me tonight? Please."
He smirks
"I thought you weren't much of the sharing type."
"Legolas!"
I laugh at his comment.
"I'll stay, on one condition."
"What is that?"
"I get the floor."
I smile and pull him back into my room. He laughs and shuts the door. I pull blankets and a couple pillows out of the closet and throw them at him. He laughs as they hit him, and I laugh along with him. He sets up the blankets and pillows as I get settled in my own bed. I turn off the lights when he's settled into his makeshift bed on the floor.
"Quel kaima, mela." (Sleep well, love)
I say quietly.
"Quel kaima, melamin." (Sleep well, my love)
I hear him respond before letting sleep claim me.
~~ Time Skip ~~
My eyes snap open, I don't know what time it is, but it's still dark. I look to Legolas, but he's not there. I look to my bathroom, the door is open, but the light is off. Then I feel a cold breeze. I look to the balcony to see the door wide open. I walk out the door and see Legolas standing there.
"Can't sleep?"
He turns to look at me.
"Yeah, I have always had problems with sleeping. I guess there's so much pressure and stress, all of it makes me anxious. I can't sleep. I never can."
I walk up to him and hug him.
"I'm sorry Legolas."
He pulls away from me, then he looks to the balcony above us. I'm confused for a second, then I look up too. I see Daechir. Watching us.
"Do you mind!"
I call up to him.
"Do you mind?"
He says mostly to Legolas.
"Stop watching us!"
Legolas calls to him. I grab Legolas' hand and drag him back inside my room.
"I have nightmares Mel, I can't sleep because I am afraid of them."
"Do you want to sleep with me? Would that help?"
His eyes shift away from me and look down.
"If that doesn't bother you Mel, I would really like that."
I grab his hand and pull him into the bed. He lays down and pulls the covers over both of us. I turn off the lamp, and scoot a little closer to him. He turns and his back faces me, but I hear a small voice whisper
"Quel kaima, melamin."
I smile and respond
"Quel kaima, mela."
Then I turn so my back faces Legolas. I feel him make some movement, and I'm guessing hes turning around. I close my eyes and let sleep take me. Before I fall completely asleep, I feel a slight weight on my side. My arms slides down to see what it is. I find Legolas' arm and I intertwine my fingers with his. I pull his hand up to my mouth and give it a small kiss. I hear him chuckle quietly, then I feel a gentle kiss on my shoulder. I smile and giggle a little before closing my eyes and letting sleep take over.