CHAPTER 16

We had been sitting here for about an hour or so after everyone left, and it was just me and him. I whisper to him quietly
"Melamin, uma lle merna aut- n'alaquel?" (My love, do you want to go back?)
He nods, and pulls away from me. His face is tear stained and exhausted. We stand up and he embraces me again, it lasts for a short amount of time. Then he releases me and we walk back. I put my arm around his waist and pull him towards me. He lets himself lean slightly against me. We walk inside and there is celebrating for the victory, but also grief of King Thranduil's death. Then Daechir has the nerve to walk up to us and say
"Hey Legolas, want to join us for the celebration? Maybe you will feel better about your father's death afterwards, or are you just too depressed right now?"
He says it so smugly, he wanted to make Legolas angry. Legolas gave him a glare, and I stepped in.
"Daechir, why don't you stop being a jerk and go hang with your loser friends. You want to insult someone who just lost a loved one? How about you go mess with his friends? See where that gets you!"
"Oh, Thranduil actually loved Legolas? Wow, it was really hard to tell, I swear I thought Thranduil hated him.. Oh well."
Legolas almost attacked him, honestly I would love to have let him. I hold Legolas back and whisper in his ear
"Take it easy mela."
Legolas calms down, and I face Daechir.
"You really are a ladies man aren't you? Making fun of her love to win her heart. Real mature. I'm really falling head over heels for you."
I grab Legolas' hand and drag him to his room. I lead him in and close the door. He collapses on his bed, unfortunately I can't let him sleep yet.
"I am sorry love, but you can't sleep yet."
He groans but gets up. I help him remove his belt and quiver. Then I remove his armor, he hands me his swords and I put them away. He slips off his tunic and I see his back. It's burned, not severely, just slightly. He also has small scratches on his chest and neck. I go into his bathroom and grab a cloth, a small bowl of warm water, and some ointment. I return and he's resting on the bed. I sit next to him and dip the cloth in the water, then I start to clean the scratches. He hisses from the pain, but lets me clean the wounds. Then I need to see his burn
"Legolas, I need to see the burn."
He reluctantly flips over and the burn is worse than I thought, but still, not serious. I put some ointment in my hand and rubs my hands together, I give him a waning before applying it the injury.
"Legolas, this is going to hurt."
He gives me a thumbs up. I giggle a little at him, then I apply the ointment to the burn. He groans a little at the pain, but he doesn't try to stop me.
"Alright, I'm done mela." I throw a tunic at him, and he sits up to slip it on. I go to the door preparing to leave, but his voice stops me.
"n'uma, mela. uma il- kela, kaima yassen amin." (No, love.. Do not leave, sleep with me)
I smile at him.
"I will just go to my room to get some clothes, I will be right back."
"n'uma, lle turlanna amin." (No, you can wear mine)
I blush. He gets up and grabs a tunic and hands it to me. He lays down and puts a pillow over his face so I can change. I take off my belt and quiver. I set down all my weapons then slip off my war tunic. I put his tunic on, and it's a little big, but it'll work.
"You can look now mela."
He looks at me and smiles weakly. He scoots over to give me room on the bed. I lay down next to him and he pulls me close. I relax and hesitantly turn so my back faces him. I hear him chuckle so quietly it's almost inaudible to me. He pulls me close again and puts one arm around me, I lay my arm on top of his.
"Quel kaima, Melamin." (Sleep well, my love)
I say quietly.
"Lotesse lle kaimela be sha vee' vanima vee' lle, mela." (May your dreams be almost as beautiful as you, love.)
He responds. I smile, and soon let sleep take me.
~~~~
I wake up and I don't feel Legolas' arm around me, I turn around. He's sitting up with his head in his hands, his knees pulled up to his chest. I hear him crying. I sit up and wrap my arm around his shoulders. He leans into me.
"I'm so sorry Legolas. You don't deserve any of this."
"Volgana thinks I do, and maybe she is right."
"No! She is wrong Legolas! You are an amazing person. It doesn't matter what everyone else thinks, you'll always be a hero to me."
"Thank you Mel."
I lift his chin with my hand and make him look at me. I kiss his tears away, then kiss him. He doesn't kiss back, and I pull away with a look of confusion. He just stares at the wall, lost in his train of thought. I get up, and change into my tunic from yesterday since I'm not in my room. I quietly leave him room and go to my own. I change into my own clothes and get some breakfast for me, and for him. I quickly make my way back to this room. I open the door quietly and see he hasn't moved at all. His eyes are still fixed on the wall, he's still lost in thought.
"Legolas? I have breakfast."
He doesn't even look away from the wall.
"I am not hungry, thank you though."
"Legolas, you have to eat."
"No I do not, I am not hungry." He says quietly, just above a whisper.
I push my breakfast away from me and sit close to him.
"Legolas, please look at me."
He hesitantly turns his head and looks into my eyes. His eyes are full of sorrow and grief. He starts to stare through me and not at me. His gaze falls and he looks down, then back at the wall. I don't know how to help him, I don't know what to do. I take the food I brought him back into the kitchen and I don't eat mine either. I wasn't hungry anyway. I make my way to the garden and find the place where Legolas and I first kissed. I sit on a bench near it and put my head in my hands. Then I let the tears fall.