CHAPTER 20

- Melda's POV -
We walk around aimlessly, we knew exactly where we were. What we don't know is where Volgana is, which is why we are searching. Searching for clues, answers, Volgana, and my dear Legolas. My thoughts are broken by Faerveren starting a conversation with me.
"I hate to bring up Legolas, but you are very lucky to have him."
"Really, how so?"
"Many women would die to have him even like them. You are very lucky he forgave you, and loves you. He cares about you a lot Melda. I have heard him talk about you, every time he always gets the look in his eyes, he always has this smile. He is truly in love with you."
"Wow, I mean, I didn't think he loved me that much."
"He does, do not break his heart."
"I have no intentions to, I love him too much for that."
Faerveren nods and walks away, leaving me to my thoughts.
~~ Time Skip ~~

- Legolas' POV -
It's been two days since I've been here. My arms ache from being held over my head for so long, my eyes are heavy wanting to close. Elves don't need to eat as much as humans, but I've been here for two days with no food. I can honestly say I'm starving, I would honestly eat anything right now. Then, someone comes, an ork. He unlocks my the door to my cage and walks in. He releases the bonds on my arms. I grunt as they come down at my sides. He forcefully picks me up and drags me along with him. I stumble around, weak with hunger, stiff from sitting, and exhausted from lack of sleep. He takes me before Volgana, and her sick twisted grin kinda creeps me out. She laughs evilly and grabs my jaw with her hand, studying me. I glare and move my head so it falls out of her grip. Then her voice, so angelic, until you know who she is.
"We have a rebellious one. Oh how fun."
She grins in a twisted way before she continues.
"If you cooperate, we will not hurt you much, or at all. I just have a few questions for you, elf prince."
The ork pushes me down onto my knees and another ork steps to my right, the ork from before on my left. They grab my arms and hold them so hard it hurts, but I'm too weak to resist.
"So, elf prince. My daughter and son are with you? Am I correct?"
"How am I to know!"
"Ooo.. Wrong answer."
Another ork comes, and the ork to my left rips my tunic off. Volgana notices the leaf pendant and grabs it to look at it.
"Who gave you this?"
"Nobody important."
"What is her name?"
"I will not tell you."
Then I feel a stinging pain in my back. A whip. I feel the pain again, and Volgana speaks.
"I know they are with you, so I will be merciful and make this easy. Who are they?"
"I do not know who they are, but even if I had known, I would never tell a sadistic murderer like you!"
"Legolas, I do not think I am the murderer here, you have killed more than I have. Much more."
I feel more pain in my back. One. Two. Three. When the fourth stroke falls I grunt from the pain.
"Legolas, I am making this easy, answer the question and we will stop."
"I do not know them! How do you expect me to!"
"Any clues on who they are? Any ideas?"
"I will never tell you.. AGH!"
The pain was still bearable, but getting to the point where I couldn't handle it. They whip me a couple more times and I cry out each time. Tears flow down my face from the pain.
"Legolas, I know you know something, but I will move on from that. Tell me, young prince, who is the girl you love? The one with the short red hair. The green eyes. What is her name? Her full name. Surely you would know."
"I will not tell you anything!"
A blood curdling scream comes out my mouth. Then another, and another.
"Legolas, what are your plans? What do you intend to do to me?"
"I would die before I told you anything of their plans!"
More blood curdling screams. My breaths are heavy and labored. My face wet with tears, and throat sore from screaming.
"You are done for today, elf prince. Do not think this is over, it is far from it. Take him away."
They pick me up and drag me back to my cell. Before putting me in, an ork picks up a sponge and squeezes the liquid on the sponge onto my back. A burning pain follows. I scream out, and thrash violently, they hold me back and squeeze more on. I scream so loud I almost deafen myself. They throw me in and don't bother with the chains. I curl up on the floor and cry. I cry from the pain, I cry because I want Mel to find me. My back burns, but a numbing sensation soon takes the place of the pain. I relax and stop the tears. I breathe calmly and look out the window to see the starry night sky, reminding me of all the times Mel and I stood out of the balcony. We almost kissed there, then Daechir interrupted. I slept with her that night, I had never slept so good in all my years. I need her. I don't know if she needs me as much as I need her, but I need her really bad. I want her to be here, with me. No, I want to be there, with her. Tears start flowing down my face, and I collapse on the floor. I hear some shuffling near me and the door of my cell is unlocked. I'm too weak to turn around and try to escape. I hear something metal hit the floor and the cell door is locked again. I turn around slowly and painfully. I see a tray. It has stale bread, a small cup of water, some kind of meat. I roll my eyes, couldn't she try to remember Elves don't eat meat. There is also a small glob of something green. I eat the bread, and drink the water. I don't eat any more than that. My hair is still unbraided from that morning three days ago. I look at some of it and see it's matted, with dirt and blood stains. I look down at my stomach and see the slightly healed cuts. They still look bad, but at least they don't look infected. I need to get out of here. Mel, where are you?