(Summer) Chapter 24

Start from the beginning

Hinako releases a sigh and looks at Marie with a smile. "Okay, I'll wear a yukata with you, Marie-san."

"Really?! Oh, that's great news, Suzu-chan!" Marie's eyes sparkle as she held Hinako's hands and shakes it.

"I haven't worn a yukata in a long time. I'm in your care."

"Of course!"

August 13, 2016 - Lunchtime

"Gil, you there?" Asuto asks by the north door of Gil's classroom. Some of the girls squealed as they saw one of the handsome students of Homurahara.

The golden-headed senior looks up from his seat and was a little surprised to see Asuto there. "Asuto? What does he want?" He asks himself.

The two walked along the second floor hallways, going to the cafeteria. It was located at the lower ground floor.

"So, what did you want from me?" Gil asks, his hands inside his pants pocket.

"Oh, right. I was going to ask if you want to go to the Tanabata Festival with me, Keii-senpai, and Kodaijogi-senpai," Asuto smiles at the mentioning of the other two.

"Karuna-senpai and Oji-senpai?" Gil raises an eyebrow. "It's been a while since I last heard from them."

"They contacted me and said that they're free from college studies. They also wanted to know how we've been."

"Hmph, they're just going to complain again on how I beat their butts back when we were in middle school," Gil takes out his hands from his pants pocket and places them behind his head.

"Hey, they didn't take it seriously, Gil," Asuto laughs, remembering that one time when Gil defeated those two upperclassmen during practice in kendo. "We're all still friends. Come on. It'll be fun."

Gil thinks for a second. He didn't feel like going to the Tanabata Festival today, so he was thinking of passing for the meantime. All of a sudden, his phone vibrated from his pocket. Gil took it out and looked at the dialer. It was his little brother, Dio. An anime vein pops out from Gil's cheek before answering the call.

"Hello?"

< "Ah, big brother?" > Dio greets from the other side of the line. He was having volleyball practice at school. < "Hi!" >

"What do you want?"

< "Sheesh, big bro. Why are you so grouchy? It's only past twelve, you know?" > Dio jokes, holding his laugh.

"I'm going to hang up now," Gil said, threatening to end the call.

< "Ah, wait! I just wanna tell you that we should go to the Tanabata Festival later! Mom said that it's okay as long as we don't stay outside for too long," > Dio immediately said, not wanting to be hang up on.

"Seriously, Dio? Listen, I don't feel like going to this festival, all right?" Gil looks at Asuto and saw that he was flashing his begging puppy eyes. Gil's face sunk. "Can't you go with your friends?"

< "But I wanted to go with you. It's been a while since we actually went to a festival." > Dio throws a volleyball towards his classmate, to which he catches it perfectly. < "Just this once, big brother." >

"Ugh," Gil groans in irritation. Not only does he have his big brother begging for him to go, he also has his best friend begging like a puppy. "Fine already! I'll go! Are you happy?"