Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

Where am I? My head pounds like a hammer pounding a nail into a board. That's right I'm trapped in the Capitol. I can't trust them. I can't trust the rebels. I can't trust anyone. Not even my family if they are still alive. There's no one I can trust. Everyone will turn against you in the end. There's no one you can trust except yourself. And sometimes you can't even trust yourself.

The Capitol trapped me here because they thought I was part of the rebels, and now they're keeping me trapped here because I know about their mutt. Katniss Everdeen. I used to trust Katniss. Why? All she ever did was hurt me. She was sent by the Capitol to kill me. Twice. She's failed, and now the Capitol can't control her. She's on the rebel side with Haymitch. Haymitch. Why did I trust him? He's lied to me time and time again. Why did I trust some many people?

The door opens, and I get ready for an attack against me. All anyone does is try to hurt me. My hands clenched in fists. The person who enters is carrying a tray. They set it down on the floor and hurry away. The door clanging shut behind them.

I climb off the bed going to inspect the tray. A glass of clear liquid. Water. And a small slice of stale bread. Great. They want me alive . . . for now. Until they're ready to kill me, or until I finally lure Katniss here so she can finish off the task she hasn't finished. Killing me.

~M:PPOV~

Loud bangs and shouting arouse me from my sleep. What is going on? Is the Capitol finally coming to kill me? No. They needed me alive a short while ago. Besides why would there be shouting? They would come quietly. They wouldn't want to alert me. Maybe they would wake me to punish me some more before I die or maybe they would let me die in peace. Probably punish me. Why would anything happen peacefully?

The shouting gets closer to the room I'm in. I tense waiting. The door bursts open. I hands tighten into fists. A rather large man rushes into the room. He makes a grab for me. I try to run but I'm to weak. Too slow. My body too beaten and weak from my imprisonment.

"Don't touch me! Let me go!" I scream, trying to get someone's attention. Who? I can't trust anyone. I try to fight my way free, but he's much stronger than me.

"Peeta. Peeta. Calm down we're here to help you," the man says.

"No! No! Don't touch me!" I scream again. Why? Why does this shit have to happen to me? What have I done? What did I do to deserve all of this?

I feel the man walking forward and then running. I'm screaming for him to let me go. Punching and kicking in weak attempts to get him to drop me so I can make a break for it. To no avail though, the man keeps a tight grasp on me. Others join the man in running.

"You got him out without trouble?" a man beside my capturer asks.

"Mostly. He's scared now though. I think the Capitol did something to him," my capturer answers.

I yell and kick some more. Why does no one from the Capitol stop them? I know it's the rebels. Who else could it be?

Soon we're outside. The sun blinds me. I haven't seen it for so long. I'm carried up into a hovercraft. I'm set on a table and strapped down for "safety" they claim. A woman is laid down beside me. Johanna? Johanna. I try to break free to get at Johanna. She caused part of this. She knew about Katniss all along. Or did she? I'll have to ask if she ever wakes up. I'm still struggling trying to escape from the table to get away. A mask is placed over my face. I hold my breath. But soon it's too much. The need for oxygen is too great.. I breath in. Growing tired with every breath I take.

~M:PPOV~

A blinding light wakes me up. Three people stand before me wearing white. I sit up. Who are these people?

"It's okay," one of the people before me tries to reassure me.

"Where am I? Who are you?" I say, my hands clenched in fists.

"You're in the hospital. We're doctors. We're going to take care of you."

The hospital? "Where? Where is the hospital?"

A doctor on the right starts to shine a light in my eyes.

"District Thirteen."

District Thirteen?! I can't be here. I have to get out. I knew the rebels are the one that I captured me.

"Peeta. Peeta. Calm down. We're not going to hurt you. We're here to help you."

I calm down slightly. They don't seem like the people to do anything to me. They're doctors. Don't doctors take an oath to help people. Yes, just relax. Another doctor takes my wrist, checking my pulse. The door opens behind the doctors. I look over to the door. A girl about my age walks in. Katniss!? She's here to finish me off! I got to kill her first so she doesn't have a chance.

I swipe the doctors to the side with my arm. I leap to my feet, moving toward Katniss. She runs at me. My hands extend reaching for her. Her lips start to form a word when my hands lock around her throat squeezing.  

Edited