Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

The door opens suddenly forcing me to jump back hitting the wall. My head knocks against the cement wall with a loud thump.

"Are you ready to talk, Peeta?" A familiar voice says. President Snow.

I nod my throbbing head in relief. The nodding makes me wince. I can trust Snow. He'll help me.

"You are?" Snow says in surprise.

"Yes. Thank you for this," I say, gesturing to my the bandaged wound on my head. Snow looks at me confused. Why? Is something wrong? "This was your doing right? You bandaged my head. Or you had one of the Capitol attendants do it . . . Right?"

Snow peers at me. "Yes . . . Yes, of course. A Capitol attendant attended to your wound."

"Well, thank you," I say again gratefully.

"Yes. Well, . . . I have some questions for you," Snow says, taking a seat in a chair that was left in the room.

"I'll try to answer them the best I can," I say.

"Well, first of all. Where did you hear it?"

I'm confused. "Hear what?"

"What you said on TV last," Snow says. When the confused look doesn't leave my face. He continues talking. "You warned the rebels of our attack," he hints.

"Oh, that. I heard it from two of the guards and another man talking outside the door earlier in the day," I admit sheepishly. "I don't know why I even did that."

"Was it to warn Katniss." It's a statement not a question.

"No," I say stiffly. Why would he bring her up? Why would I do anything to help her?

"No?"

"Katniss Everdeen is a mutt. A mutt you . . . created! How can I even trust you. You created this mutt, and now you can't control it. You've brought this upon all of us. You're not to be trusted. You put me in the Games on purpose. So your mutt could kill me, and your plan didn't work so you sent me in again with her. Now your plan didn't work again, and you can't control it. The whole country is danger because of you and your stupid mutt!"

"Katniss Everdeen is no mutt of ours," he says, sternly.

"Yes. She is. Just admit your mistake. You created that mutt!"

Snow snaps his fingers. Two guards rush in. I ignore the guards. Shouting at Snow.

"You created this mutt, and you won't take responsibility!"

A sharp pain shoots through my arm. I plop down onto the mattress. Falling back into a slumber.  

Edited