Chapter 29 - Long Distance

My heart is aching for the girls right now. I can't believe what happened. I felt so confident that Jill would get her shit together and play them right, but instead she does whatever bs she pulled yesterday and now we're out.

This was poor coaching, and nothing else. Press, Alex, Hope, they all did what they could and this was a team failure. Collectively poor decisions from the staff, giving the players little to no confidence.

Anyways, you can all follow me on Twitter/tumblr for these kinda rants. As for this story, here's somewhat of a fill-in chapter. I'm sticking to my few updates in August plan, more now bc grieving. (I'm not overdramatic at all.) so, here you go. A little LD Preath for you all to get your minds elsewhere.

**

Tobin's POV

"Good morning." Lindsey pushed aside the curtains as she causally walked into my bedroom. I woke up in a slight shock, not quite sure what was happening.

"Coffee's ready downstairs." She smiled innocently, as she patted my legs on the way out. Lindsey has been staying with me until she gets settled down here in Portland, and it has been great, mostly. Except the fact that she's eager to get up in the morning, even on our mornings of, and I honestly value the sleep.

It's also been some late night phone calls with Christen lately, seeing as we're both kinda busy during the day with practice so that's really the only time we get to talk properly.

"I'll be down in a sec." I mumbled out, as Lindsey disappeared out the door. It was fun hanging with her again like this, it gives me a flashback to our PSG days in France. I'm excited to play club with her again.

"Game day, baby!" I heard her yell from the stairs and I couldn't help crack a smile. She was excited for her first Portland game, and honestly so was I. It's truly something else to play at Providence Park in front of the Rose City supporters, and I already have a good feeling about this season. We lost some great players in the trade, but we also gained great additions so I'm feeling confident.

I'm honestly just thrilled over the fact that Alex is now in Orlando, or well, not exactly physically right now cause she's here in Portland now, but still. Our first game is against the new expansion team of the league, and I'm excited to show our potential right from the very start.

I haven't talked to Alex since we left camp weeks ago, and it hasn't been a miss at all. I've enjoyed training here and talking to Chris on the phone and Skype every day. It's not ideal, but it works for now.

'Call me when you wake up' I got a pretty regular morning text from Christen and smiled immediately. Knowing I would give her a pleasant surprise, I called right away since I was up now anyways.

"Good morning, babe." I smiled as she answered the call. Hearing her slightly raspy morning voice had quickly become my favorite thing to wake up to by far.

"Hi, I didn't think you were awake yet." Christen spoke, sounding more awake than me.
"I wasn't. But Lindsey happened." I joked, loving to hear that heavenly laugh that followed after all my terrible jokes.
"She's excited for game day, you can't blame her." Christen said on the other end, always defending everyone. She's just such a good person, she could never say a bad word about anyone, even as a joke.

"I miss you." I let out, sort of random, but always appreciated during our calls.
"I miss you too, babe. And it's not even been that long, I don't know how I'll survive." She spoke honest on the other end, and I felt my stomach tighten at the sound of her voice.