Chapter 24 - Good Morning

Tobin's POV

I felt myself wake up slowly, as something sweet and familiar was softly touching my cheek. After getting out of the deepest tiredness, I realized it was Christen's careful kisses I was so happily woken up to and I could not think of a better way to wake up.

"Morning." I breathed out, as I opened my eyes fully and met hers. She took my breath away by every look, and this was no exception.

"Good morning. I got you coffee." She sat up in the bed, and reached over to the nightstand. Two cups of coffee was waiting, and she handed me one of them.
"Wow, how early did you get up?" I asked, taking the cup and blowing it carefully not to burn myself as I always end up doing anyways.
"I couldn't sleep, it doesn't matter." She spoke quickly, looking eager to get the topic out of the way and onto something else.

"So what are your plans for game day?" She continued, as I did in fact take a sip and definitely burned my tongue when i heard her question. I put my cup down, in hope of gaining some time to think out a good reason why I haven't told her this before.

Today is game day, it's also the day Alex and I will be doing the thing for the USWNT YouTube channel. I had almost forgotten for a second there, maybe more forced myself to.
Nevertheless, I hadn't told Christen.

"Uh, I actually- Jill came to me about this the other day, and I just haven't found the time to tell you about it yet, but shit- I'm actually late. Okay, so here's the deal-" I started rambling on, and got distracted as I was talking by my phone. Alex's name appeared on it, and I really didn't want Christen to notice.

She frowned towards me, looking both confused and slightly amused by my struggling. I paused my rambling, and let out a sigh.
"I have to do this YouTube thing with Alex, I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner." I admitted, but honestly believed I didn't have the opportunity earlier. Last night had been great and I had passed out immediately after we had gotten back into the hotel room. I had not wanted to ruin a perfectly good day.

"Tobin, It's okay, I get it." Christen spoke calm and sincere, and I was the confused one now. I had imagined some more reactions to this, but by all means I'm glad she's taking it well.

"Are you sure, I mean Jill said that if it's a problem we can figure something-" I started up again, but Christen stopped me by putting her hand on mine. She looked at me with a smile.
"I'm sure. Actually," she looked slightly torn on whether or not she should continue, and I was again confused to what she was about to say.

"I couldn't sleep last night, so I went downstairs to get something to eat. And," she paused again, and I was officially worried.
"Alex was there. I guess we like, talked. She apologized." Christen's words dismayed me. Alex hadn't spoken a single word to me all this time at camp, and the same day Christen's back she apologizes? It's good, I'm glad she did, but does it change anything at all?

"Wow, really? Are you okay?" I didn't quite know what to ask. The thought of the two of them alone in the kitchen at 2am was slightly disturbing honestly. I didn't know how to feel or react to that.

"I'm fine. I think she's more shaken from it than me actually." Christen let out a short laugh, and I was not sure if I was supposed to as well or not. She must've seen my uncertainty, cause seconds later she reached for my hand again.

"It's not that I'm not still bitter about what happened, of course I am. And I don't know if I'll ever forgive her or not, but at least we can be civil. I don't want to beat her up every time I see her face." She tried explaining, and I can't deny it didn't make sense.
"It's something." She added, giving me a pale smile that I returned.

"I think your pillow is buzzing." Christen continued, now looking at where I had initially placed my phone. I quickly reached it for it, and the name of the subject lit up my screen.

"I think I'm a little late, that's probably why-" I started, but Christen simply answered the phone for me and put it to my ear.

"H-hello?" I asked, sounding way more nervous than I should be. The amount of times I've talked to Alex on the phone in the past is uncountable. Then again, everything's so very different now.

"Tobin, we were supposed to meet here like 15 minutes ago. They asked me to call you, otherwise I wouldn't have. I-" Alex started rambling, much like I had earlier.
When did we all start to ramble as much as we did these days, it's weird.

"I'm on my way." I said short, and hung up after. I didn't have anything else to say to Alex at the moment. If Christen is able to be civil around her, then so should I.

"I'll see you later?" I spoke up again, as I was throwing on something to wear. I wasn't particularly thrilled about the world seeing me like this, but I didn't have the time or energy to truly do anything about it. I found a SnapBack and put that on to hide my greasy hair, and hoped it would be enough.

"Sure. Let me know when you're done." Christen smiled, and I truly hoped she was as okay with this as she was letting on to be.

I was about to head out the door, when I realized I had forgotten something important. I turned around again and met Christen's confused eyes when she saw me back again seconds later by the door.

I smiled as I leaned over the bed to where she was seated, and she quickly caught on to what my intensions were. Christen grabbed the collar of my hoodie, and pulled me closer to her as fast as she could. My lips crashed into hers as we were both smiling now, and I as always felt my insides being lit on fire.

I had to pull away shortly, because we both knew if this went on for much longer I would be very much late. More so than I already were.

"Bye, beautiful." I whispered, as I slowly pulled away, before quickly getting off the bed and practically running out the door.