Chapter 8 - Friends

(A/N: Finals weeks over and I'm officially on summer vacation!
I have some pre-written chapters to finish up but after that it'll be some happier chapters, I promise;)

**
Alex's POV

"Go to sleep, Alex." Kelley suddenly spoke, not even opening her eyes. We had gone to bed about an hour ago, and I thought she was asleep.
"How did you know?" I asked, sitting up seeing as I didn't have to pretend anymore.
"You're thinking too loud." She answered, still not moving. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, but just shaking it away quickly.
It was some time around midnight, and I basically hadn't slept for days. I don't know how I'm still alive honesty.

"You're doing it again." Kelley spoke up, now opening her one eye. Seeing me sitting up through the dark, she sighed before sitting up herself. She turned on the lights and looked at me. "Well, are you gonna tell me what's on you mind?" She waited for me to talk. Kelley is a very straight forward person, which is one of the many things I love about her.
"It's just, I don't know. Everything?" I didn't have one specific thing on my mind, just a mixture of events and feeling all blurred together. My head was a mess right now.
"Alex, I'm worried about you, we all are." She looked at me, and just now I felt sad. I saw the worrying in her eyes, the way she spoke. I haven't been a good friend to Kelley lately, I haven't been a good friend to anyone really.
"I'm sorry, Kelley. For all of it." I felt my words becoming dramatic as I said them, but this was a moment for it. She furrowed her eyebrows, probably a little confused. "You've been great through all this, and I've been a crappy friend. I'll step it up, okay?" I tried smiling, mirroring hers now. "Alex, don't say that. You've had a rough year, we all get that." She gave me a comforting look, eyes still worried.
"As for Tobin, you know what you have to do." She continued, her words hitting me right where it hurts. I knew she was right.
"But what if the right thing isn't what I want." I asked, more towards myself than her really.
"You can't always get what you want. She's moved on, Alex. It's as simple as that." She didn't sugarcoat it, which I in theory was glad for. But right now the truth hurts, more than I wanted it too. More than I care to admit.
"There's nothing simple about that." I argued, knowing I was still more arguing myself than Kelley. She really just spoke what I deep down knew all along.
"I have all these feeling but nowhere to place them, no one to give them to, you know? What am I suppose to do with it?" I turned to my best friend sitting on the bed next to me, desperately searching for an answer.
"Well, you can do what you've always done. Take it to the field, get lost in the game." She said the words like they were obvious, but it wasn't until now I really thought of them. It's true, I have always used the game to heal. Endless hours of therapy on the field has made me who I am today. Soccer is what saves me every time, not a person.
I smiled over at Kelley, then laid back down on the bed. "Have I told you how much I love you lately?" I smiled, finally closing my eyes.

**
Tobin's POV

"Noo." I whined, as I woke up to the alarm sound. Christen was waking up next to me, turning it off quickly. "Good morning." She mumbled, as she turned around to face me.
I smiled at the sight. The beautiful sleepy girl in my arms, with her adorable morning voice.
"I don't think I ever wanna leave this bed." I whispered, leaning in to kiss her. Our lips locked in a soft and tender kiss, setting my insides on fire as usual. She pulled away, biting her lip. I'm pretty sure she knows it drives me crazy by now, but I'm not complaining.
"Let's just get through today, okay? And for all we know, it might turn out fun."

Christen had meant what she said, dragging me out of bed shortly after. We had get dressed and headed down, 6:53am to be exact.
A couple others were early as well, everyone seemingly excited for the day. I guess doing something different always lights up the mood, no matter what it is really.
"Great, let's get started." Jill spoke up when everyone was present. She called our names in pairs, kinda going out of the usual pairings. Everyone here is obviously friends, but you still get closer to some. She had tried mixing it up, which I'm sure would benefit us in the long run.