Chapter 7 - In Trouble

(A/N: finals week coming up so I apologize in advance for crappy updating and writing. Still, as always hope you enjoy:)

**
Tobin's POV

I thought Alex and I had gotten some kind of closure, but our little encounter in the stairway indicated otherwise.
After she had run out of the bathtub, Christen had been my first priority. I needed to keep her in the loop of what was going on. She needed to know what Alex had said, and why she had been upset.
Next, I knew I needed to confront Alex. I hadn't planned it to go down like that, but I couldn't let her get away with it. She's playing the victim, at least that's how it feels, and that's not right. I can't feel guilty for being with Christen, but her acting like that makes that hard. I get that she can't turn off her feelings, but neither can I. This whole thing is so messed up and I hate it.

**

"Tobin, can I see you for a minute?" Jill suddenly caught me before I entered the cafeteria with the rest of the team the next day.
"Of course." I steppe aside, getting a somewhat bad vibe.
"You know that I don't care about what you choose to do in you free time and that it's really none of my business." She stated the obvious, me knowing it was more to come. "But when it affects your game, it becomes my business." She didn't hesitate, her eyes locked on me.
"It's not just you. Alex, obviously. Press, Kelley? You're all emotional rollercoasters. I never know what I can expect, I can't have it like that." She continued, now seeming more confused. She wanted answers and I get that. "What's going on?" She added, almost desperate. I felt sorry for her. Camp hadn't even been a week and several players seems to be all over the place.
"I'm sorry, we're working on it. We'll do better, I promise." I felt like a child at the principals office honestly, I hate to let her down.
"Tobin, it's not just your game I care about. I care about you, all of you." She eased up, looking truly concerned. "Listen, I know you and Alex have history, but I've watched the two of you grow up together. Maybe not under my wings directly, but I have watched from the worlds perspective and it can't be all lies." She spoke from the heart now, her words hitting me. It's true what she's saying.
"You're right, it's not all lies. But everything's different now I guess." I didn't know what to say to her. The older woman was just worried, about us and the game, I get that.
"I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume Press is mixed into this as well? For what it's worth, the two of you seem good together." Jill smiled now, reaching her arm to put around me.
I was taken aback a little at how much she had put together. "That actually means more than you can imagine, thank you." I smiled back, still feeling like a little child honestly.
"Come on, I have an announcement to make."

We walked back into the cafeteria, most eyes turning our way as Jill clapped her hands to get everyone's attention. I went to sit down next to Christen, giving her a smile to let her know I was okay. I rested my hand on her thigh, not caring what anyone made out from that.
"Okay, girls." Jill started, everyone being quiet now. I've been getting some vibes from some of you that I'm not thrilled about, and needs to be addressed." I suddenly felt a slight panic. Was she about to punish the whole team for our behavior? what was she doing. I looked over to see Christen tensing up as well.

"Your relationships transfer onto the field and we need to trust each other and keep it friendly. I might be more observant than you guys think, and only from the few days back here I've seen major changes. Definitely some good, but also negative ones.
I can't have it like that. I can't let emotions get in the way of my players, but I can't fix that on my own. I need your help on that one.
So, we're gonna have a team building day." Jill continued her speech, silencing the entire team. At the last comment, some faces turned slightly more excited. I didn't feel quite the excitement honestly.
"I'll split you into pairs, and you're going to be doing different activities together. I trust you all to take this task seriously, and work hard. We're starting first thing in the morning, 7am-be here on time."

**
Christen's POV

"I know she's gonna put me with Alex." Tobin was pacing back and forth in our hotel room. We had been allowed to leave shortly after Jills announcement of upcoming plans, Tobin and I quickly escaping to our room.
"Of course she will, you're the reason we're doing this." I said slightly grumpy, earning myself a glare from the midfielder in front of me. It's safe to say I wasn't exactly thrilled about the idea of the ex-lovers spending the day together doing god knows what.
"Hey, you're not exactly innocent in this either, miss very-visible-hickey." Tobin snapped back, pointing to her neck.
I sighed, not wanting to fight with her. She stopped her walking, sitting down on the bed next to me. "I hate this." She said, looking at me with sad eyes. "Me too, I don't wanna fight." I quickly gave in, opening my arms to the other girl. I pulled her into me.
"You always do this." She started, stroking my hand. "End up taking care of me. I worry that when I finally get problem free, you won't be into me anymore." I panicked for a brief second, but when I saw her huge smirk I realized she was joking. "Asshole." I mumbled, pushing her off me with a smile.
She faked having a pout for a second, then sat back close to me.
"What are we gonna do?" She said with a sigh, removing some hair from my face. I reached out and took her hand in mine, still resting it on my face.
"Tomorrow, you're gonna do all those team building activities with Alex, and you're gonna do them well. You need to convince Jill that there's nothing to worry about, which there isn't." I told her exactly what we both knew she had to do. "You'll talk to Alex again, clear the air one last time. Then Jill will be off our backs and we can finally give this a go." I looked down at our hands intertwined, smiling at the sight of it. Our hands just kinda fits, so perfectly.
"And now," I kept speaking, looking back up to meet her eyes. "Now I want you to kiss me."