Epilogue

It was raining heavy yet people were gathered dressed in black. The cemetery was filled with whisper and curiosity yet no dared to ask what exactly was the cause of Serena's death. They were informed that it happened during child birth.

Serena's body laid in coffin she looked like she was sleeping in peace except that she wasn't breathing.

A small whimper left Elena's mouth but she soon covered her mouth shoving herself in Damon's chest. Whereas Damon stood still his eyes on his best friend looking for any sign of movement.

Rebekah and Stefan came back the moment they got the bad news, they were standing pretending to be strong. Rebekah had always seen a sister in Serena, a sister who understood her , who never judged her action unlike the people Rebekah had in her life. Where as Stefan had always been a good friend, even though when Serena and he went with Klaus they always had each other's back.

Rest of the gang stood there, still not able to sink in the fact that Serena won't be there anymore.

The priest stood in front of the coffin holding a Bible.

Soon the mikaelson brothers came, with Niklaus holding little Zac in his arm.

Elijah nodded to priest to continue and soon priest spoke his part.

Everyone held handful of soil in their hand ready to say a last goodbye to their friend.

Niklaus stepped ahead and caressed Serena's cold cheek.

"Serena, your son." He said placing his child on Serena.

Everyone's attention was on the mother and son. The baby smiled looking at his mother causing Klaus to tear up.

Did all expect her to wake up ? If so well that didn't happened soon they proceeded with rest of the Funeral.

Everyone returned back leaving Niklaus and his son. He sat right next to where his wife was buried.

"This is so not fair,love. I never got enough time to show how much I love you." He cried.

"You ran from me and when I got you back you left me ....forever." He looked at his tear that fell on his son's face.

"I don't know if I will be a doting father cause I never had one. But I accepted it knowing you will be there to guide and will be there with me correcting my flaws." He breath out.

"I don't know if I can do it alone." He sighed bringing his son closer to him.

A huge thundering brought Klaus's attention towards the sky. As dark rainy clouds began to gather indicating a heavy down pour is about to come.

Klaus retired himself from the ground taking a look at his baby and then at the new soil covered grave.

He started walking away from the grave without saying goodbye.

Little Zac started crying as they went further away from the grave.

"Don't cry, son please don't -" Klaus paused midway.

Klaus vamp sped towards the grave and placed the baby aside on the ground. Klaus carefully put his ears on the grave , seconds passed and those seconds turned into minutes he didn't move from his position.

"Niklaus" a female voice came.

"Nik, what are doing? It's going to rain lets head home." The voice belonged to Rebekah. She picked the baby from the ground and placed a hand on his brother.

"Let's go brother." Elijah stepped in and pulled Niklaus back from the ground.

Niklaus let out a loud sigh and tried to get up again on his feet.

Suddenly his eyes are widened, his knees hit the ground again.

"Did you hear it?" Niklaus asked looking at his siblings. Elijah and Rebekah glanced sympathetically at their hybrid brother.

"Lets go." Elijah said again.

"No ,I heard it. Not once but twice" Niklaus started digging the grave by his bare hands.

Elijah grabbed his brothers shoulder and Klaus shrugged him off. And he continued even though his siblings protested.

He finally reached the coffin and threw the top cover of the coffin in the air.

"Serena!" He spoke in one breath.

"Nik...Niklaus" came a dry raspy voice.

Everyone stood still.

For a moment nobody moved until Zac started crying which brought three of them back from shock. 

Klaus picked his wife from the coffin and placed her above the ground. 

"I am.... thirsty." Serena's dry voice filled the air. 

"Is that my baby?" Serena spoke again nobody replied but involuntarily Rebekah gave the baby to Serena. 

Serena took baby in arm and caressed his cheeks. 

"Hello, baby." she played with his tiny hand.

"Let's go home, Niklaus." She said to her frozen husband.

Soon after two days the whole mikaelson family shifted to New Orleans since everyone in the mystic falls believed Serena to be dead , except the supernatural gang of mystic falls and one human, Alaric.

Serena was turned into vampire again nobody knows the exact reason but it is believed that it has to do something Zac being a warlock and as well as a little werewolf part in him.

All of them started living a life unfolding what future held for them.  

*********************************THE END**********************************************

_/\_ _/\_ _/\_ _/\_

THANK YOU! ALL THE READERS FOR READING THIS STORY. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS BOOK. THANK YOU FOR COPING WITH THE MISTAKES I MAKE IN THE CHAPTERS :p 

CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS THE END ... THANK YOU SO MUCH. 

LOVE YOU ALL

-PRIYA