chapter 32

SERENA POV

I woke up with the pain that was running a marathon throughout my body. I looked around to see the familiar walls, a familiar bed and a very familiar face. Damon.

"Rise and shine." He said. I could say from his appearance that he had spent whole night looking after me. I was overwhelmed.

"Good morning!" I kissed his cheeks. I heard a throat clearing from my left and turned to see the person I least expected "Niklaus!"

Yeah I didn't expect him here but maybe... I hoped for  it.

His baby blue eyes traced every curves of my face to which I shifted uncomfortably. It's been a long time I felt like this. I blushed.

"You look-"he couldn't complete his sentence when we heard a knock.

"Finally, the sleeping beauty is awake." Rebekah said jumping on the bed and wrapping her arms around me.

I hugged her back it was nice to see her. I know she sometimes is mean... Okay may be most of the time but we had a good bond just like the one I shared with Elijah.

"I must say out of everyone, it's just your face that made me smile." She said.

"Where were you all this time?" I asked her.

"Having a slumber party in coffin with my undead siblings for ninety years." She said making me laugh. I knew this deed is indeed done by the hands of Niklaus, when I looked at him his eyes confirmed it.

"If you are up, is Elijah..?" I trailed off unsure if it was a right question to ask.

"Well I am glad somebody finally asked about me." Elijah entered the room. I got out of the bed and hugged him. Because I thought I will never see their faces again.

"If greetings are over, I think it's time for Rena to have a shower." Damon said.

My hands went on my hips and I glared at him.

"Because you are stinking like pig." He said running out of the room.

I just stood there, my jaw hitting the floor "You are going to regret your words, Salvatore." I yelled.

"I am going to agree with him." Rebekah scrunched her nose.

"You too." I laughed because I knew they were right.

"I will just go and have a shower." I said.

"We will see you at breakfast." Elijah said. I nodded. Everyone left the room except Niklaus.

He stood from the chair and walked towards me.

"Are you okay?" he asked. His question was simple I just had to reply either a yes or a no but I couldn't come to answer. It made no sense how easy was it to escape from Xavier. What did he mean by 'Now you are ready'? I feel different I can't put a finger on it but something is odd. These all questions formed a loop in my head.

I was pulled out of my thought when I felt a hand on my cheeks. His baby blue orbs staring into mine as he caressed my cheeks. "It's going to be okay." He said and left the room.

His words meant like a promise.

After having a long shower I came downstairs. I forgot to take my clothes to the bathroom when I opened the bathroom door to see my clothes on bed I knew it was Damon.

"Hey Rena." I was greeted by brooding Salvatore brother.

"Hey Stefan" I hugged him.

I joined everyone. By everyone I meant mikealsons and Salvatore, well the breakfast went unusually quite as everyone had their blood but I had a sip and threw up. The metallic taste was too much. But I spared nothing on the plate, I ate 2 apples, a scrambled egg and a toast.