Chapter 41

not edited

The screeching sound of Tyre filled the driveway of Serena's house. Before Elijah could stop the engine, Klaus got out of the car and sped into the house. He came at halt when he saw a lifeless body of Damon, blood covering his face. Elijah stepped into the house and quickly went to examine Damon. He checked him "He got his neck snapped. He will be fine." Elijah informed Klaus.

They both searched the whole house for even a single sign of Serena, Klaus went towards the kitchen where he smelled a little faint scent of Serena. He saw Serena's phone thrashed near the frame of backdoor. He quickly stepped out of the already open backdoor and saw two pair of footprints, both the footprints indicated the state of action from which it was clear that they both ran from here. Klaus's eyes turned yellow with anger as the images of his heavily pregnant wife running into the woods flashed in front of him. He let out a loud growl as he set off following the footprint.

Soon Elijah joined Klaus, they came at halt from where they saw only one pair of footprint going ahead, which was of a male which was evident from shape of footprint.

"I can hear faint heartbeat." Elijah informed.

Klaus nodded and signaled him to go to his left and check for Serena where Klaus went to his right but Klaus stopped when he heard Elijah calling his name. He soon reached the spot. His breath was shaky and his visions became blurry as he saw his beloved wife in the arms of Elijah. He quickly took Serena in his arms stroking her dirt filled hair.

"Love?" he called.

"Wake up?" he pleaded as he placed his hands on her cheeks.

Serena opened her eyes to the voice and tears poured down her cheeks.

"Niklaus..." she trailed off crying.

"Niklaus.. our... baby.." she tried to speak placing her hands on now flat stomach.

Niklaus eyes traveled down to where her hands were. He almost forgot that they were expecting a baby when he saw his love of his life almost lifeless. His eyes traveled further, his eyebrows furrowed further when he saw her dress weren't even covering her legs anymore, her umbilical cord was cut in a very cruel manner almost from a knife. He growled. Elijah quickly covered Serena from his coat.

Serena grabbed Klaus's arms even tighter which caught Klaus's attention back on her.

"Save the baby, Nikl-" she could speak from the pain she was going through.

"He.... took ... baby.. by..force..... save the baby.. I tried to.... stop...... I .....I...don't ...even ...know ... if the baby is.... a boy or girl Niklaus!!! I didn't see ...our baby's face" she yelled and cried hysterically. As the emotional pain was too much for her to even acknowledge the physical wounds she had on her body. Soon her body stopped fighting and remained still.

FLASHBACK

Serena's eyes opened when she felt her face was getting slapped continuously.

"Now, you are awake." Xavier growled at her. " look what you did dumb woman! You almost killed the baby, your water just broke. I can still sense the movement of the child, which is a miracle." He said as he moved his hands on her stomach.

"Why..." she spoke out of pain. "Why do you care about the baby? Are you ... are you going to kill the baby ?" she was horrified at that thought.

"Baby doll if I wanted to kill the baby, why would I take the trouble to turn you into half human in the first place?"

She stayed silent as the pain excruciated throughout the body, her breathing got heavier and heavier.

"The baby is said to be born with a special power. The baby will be the symbol of strength and power." He said.

"Who said?" she asked.

He let out a chuckle "We get prophecies and visions about the near future. And that's what I saw when I held your hand at our very first meeting. Now push!!" he said applying force on top of her belly.

She yelled in pain as she burrowed her hands into the soil.

"No! I am not doing it. I know you will take the baby away from Me." she said screaming in pain.

"If you don't push right now, the baby will die and will be away from you anyway. But listening to me you will at least have your baby alive. Now push or I know other ways as well." He said.

She again screamed in pain but this time she let out a name of the person whom she loved the most "Niklaus!!"

Xavier let out a dark chuckle shaking his head.

"You just confirmed my visions Serena. I saw exactly this, you calling for your dear husband but let me give you a little spoiler he won't come and I am walking away from you with the baby. Now push Serena" this time he used even more force than before.

She screamed again in pain. Her heartbeat was getting slower and slower, her eyes getting heavy from exhaustion.

Xavier slapped her face really hard causing her lips to bleed from the cut.

"Now is not the time to have your beauty sleep, you dumb woman. Push harder." He growled at her.

"I am... I can't do this .." she cried.

He grabbed her hairs in his fingers causing her neck to jerk back. "Listen, baby doll I didn't waste my this many years for nothing. Killing that witch was already hard and then you just disappeared ,do you know how much power I wasted on you to turn you into half human? "He let out a breath.

"You know it doesn't matter ,the baby is worth all my efforts so I am not leaving without the baby. Now push try harder this time." He pulled her hairs even harder causing her to obey to his command.

Her head was resting on the tree, her breath getting weaker and weaker Tears running down her cheeks thinking about her near future.

"Good, push again I can see the baby." He said grabbing her legs stretching it wider even more than her comfort.

She obeyed his words feeling powerless to fight back. She cried louder as she felt her being cut down there.

"One more time baby doll, just one more push. And everything will be over ." he said grabbing her knees holding a pocket knife in his finger covered with her blood.

She was exhausted from the pain but she did as he said. She pushed for once and for all letting out a loud cry but soon her cries was accompanied by another cry.

Serena smiled in pain listening to the melody of her baby's voice.

"how ... how is the baby?" she asked as her throat went hoarse.

"Beautiful" he replied as he held the baby covered in blood in his hands.

He cut the cord that connects the baby and the mother. He got up and turned his back as he started to walk away from the mother of the child he was holding.

He felt his leg being grabbed by a hand.

He turned to see Serena on the ground as she crawled herself towards him.

"Please Xavier, let me just hold the baby for once. Let me just see the face of my baby just once I beg of you... please." She cried.

"NO!" was all he said. He kicked her on her face and walked away, ignoring all the cries and pleads of Serena.

****************************************************************************

Sorry for any mistakes!

keep voting :)

keep reading;)