chapter 29

KLAUS POV

I woke up to an unfamiliar feeling. I squinted my eyes and sat up. I looked at my left and found my eyes widening at the sight in front of me. There she was, sitting beside me her arms wrapped around her legs, her beautiful blonde hair which once I used to play with were covering her face. I took in her full appearance she was surrounded by candles that were lit but what caught my eyes was the stake next to her, and her dress stained in blood. BLOOD?

I promise Serena, once I have that warlock in grasp I would tear him up with my bare hands and shove his organs down his throat, I promise.

I tried to touch my Serena but my hand penetrated through her body, I called her name but she couldn't listen. I felt like a wandering ghost. I saw two witches at the corner chanting non-stop.

I got up to see around the place my love was in but stopped when the door creaked open. A man entered, average looking not as good as me and stood in front of Serena.

She looked up and her eyes held an emotion which I couldn't guess.

"Good afternoon, baby doll" at that my attention was on him. He is Xavier Devitto? he is the one who will die by my hands?

"What is so good about it?" she spoke her voice was dry but still managed to give me butterflies n my stomach. Only her, in this thousand year of my existence only she has managed to make me feel like this.

"Someone is grumpy today..." as he looked at the witches. They both nodded and left the room leaving Serena, Xavier and me. I knew they both couldn't sense me as they didn't acknowledge my presence. I don't know what's going if it's a dream or not, even if it is, it felt real.

"Here" Xavier said tossing a blood bag towards Serena. She caught the bag in her hand and started drinking. She paused midway and observed the blood bag closely making a disgusting face.

"What is in it? It doesn't feel like the usual one. Did you spike something in it?" she asked angrily.

I walked and tried to get pass through the circle of candles but felt a barrier in between. Stupid witchcraft! I cursed.

"No, baby doll I didn't. It's the same one I have been giving you past these days." He said with an amusing grin.

I tried to grab him by neck but found my hand passing through his body.

"Why don't you try these? " He said passing a tray of food.

"Seriously, Food? I am a vampire, we have a different appetite" she said crossing her hand over her chest. I found myself adoring the beauty in front of me.

"You never know what you crave for?" He gave the tray to her. She took it and brought it near her nose. Her eyes widened and sat down with the food and started eating it.

"What is in it? This is so delicious. Please tell me you didn't do anything fishy with the food." She said eating the food.

"No, I didn't do anything. These are just burgers which I bought for myself but you are eating it anyways."He said. I would have nearly missed that grin on his face if my suspicious eyes were not on him. Unlike the last grin this time it was different it was more like a victorious grin.

What is he up to?

I looked back at Serena and saw she almost completed two burgers. She wiped her face after eating it and pushed tray away from her.

"Can I ask you a question?" she asked.

"Ask away" he said turning his back on him.

"Where am I? Its not like I can ran away or something, nor that I will text someone." She said shrugging her shoulders.

Good question my love, may be if I woke up from this dream which it feels like, I would come to look for you here.

"Curious, aren't we? But you have a point it won't matter if you know where you are." He said still his back facing towards us.

"We are in mystic falls." He said.

I felt like somebody just threw a bucket of cold water on me. I looked at Serena she held the same expression which I had. Mystic falls? All this time, so close!

"Mystic... falls?" I Knew what must have been going through her mind.

"Yup. Now let's get started shall we?" he said rubbing his hands.

"What?" she asked.

He smiled at her like she was his prey and threw something on her which made her cry in pain. I ran towards her but couldn't pass the circle.

He threw some powder at her which made her scream more. I never felt so powerless in these many years. The sight of her screaming in pain was more than something I can take in.

"Brings back memories... right? Back when I freed you from Klaus's compulsion." He said making me collapse on the floor. This is the pain she went through to free herself from my compulsion? This is how she screamed? This is the pain she went through? I felt tears running through my cheeks.

This is all because of me. If I didn't take her against her will and compelled her, she would have never met Xavier to free herself from my compulsion. She never would have got kidnapped and cried in pain here if I .... this is all my fault. This is all because of me....

I AM SO SORRY, SERENA.

Her screams started to get fainter and fainter and felt myself choking on air. Everything went black.

I woke up again and looked around for Serena but this time I was back in warehouse. I felt something hot in my pocket, as I took it out it was Serena's necklace. Definitely this wasn't a dream.

"You are up brother." I turned to see the masculine voice.

"Elijah!"

***************************************************************************************

Hey peeps!

sorry for any mistakes.

keep reading :)

keep voting ;)