chapter 35

"Breath Serena, breath!" Rebekah yelled at me "It's not like you are getting married for the first time. And how lucky are you bitch? You are getting married twice and here I am with my thousand year old body trying to find a guy !"

"Was that suppose to calm me down?" I asked in confusion.

"Nope, I just spoke my mind." She admitted.

I shook my head only to get hit on my head by a brush.

"Head still, Rena" Caroline ordered as she was working on my hair since half an hour.

"Sorry" I said looking at her reflection on the mirror.

"And done." Caroline grinned keeping her hands on her hips and inspecting my hair.

"Wow! You really did a great job." Bonnie said coming closer to me.

"Time for the dress." Elena squealed grabbing my wedding dress in her hand.

"Go change Serena. I can't wait to see you in that dress." Rebekah said to which I simply nodded.

After changing the dress, I examined myself in the mirror. I must say Caroline and Elena have done a great job with the hair and makeup.

I opened the door and stepped out taking a long breath with my eyes shut. I waited for their reaction but didn't hear any so I opened my eyes only to see their mouth hung open.

I arched an eyebrow at them. "Close your mouth before a fly goes in." And they did.

"You look .... "

"Beautiful"

"Gorgeous"

"Breath taking"

I smiled at their comments. "Why thank you" I smiled.

I sat on the chair trying to calm myself.

"Oh god! Look at the time, we need to get ready." Caroline screamed.

"Oh shoot! Yeah we should. We will meet you in the church Rena. I am sure you don't want to see your bridesmaid looking ugly, now do you?" she asked. Yeah Elena, Caroline and bonnie are my bridesmaid. Rebekah is Niklaus's sister or else she would have been my 'chief bridesmaid', her words not mine.

"Ofcourse not, go get ready. " I said. They all left the room. Rebekah was leaving the room when she turned to face me "you sure you will okay here alone?"

"Yeah. Yes of course. Besides I need some time for myself." I told her honestly. Suddenly her face married a frown.

"Are...are you having any second thoughts about this marriage? If so just tell me you don't have to worry, I am here for you-" I cut her off.

"No Rebekah. I don't have any second thoughts on this, trust me. I am just nervous it's my wedding after all!" I told her.

She closer and held my hand in hers. "It's just we are concerned about you. Me and Elijah couldn't do anything then but now we are there for you. Ofcourse we want you in our family but it's just I don't know how to explain it."

I squeezed her hand to reassure her "I get it what you are saying. You are concerned for me and trust me I really appreciate that. If you are thinking I am marrying Niklaus under any pressure then let me tell you there is nothing like that. I am marrying him because I want to and because I love him. I know whatever he did to me in the past is something I wish that never happened but we can't change the past. "

"I have no clue how I started loving this man who took everything away from me. All these years all I have done is to trying hate him but I knew deep down I was failing in that. I don't know how but he did made his way into my heart when we got married I just chose to ignore it when I came to know I didn't love him with my own will. He is what I have dreamt, to have a man who loves you so much, to protect you no matter how bad the situation is and moreover who makes me feel safe and calm when he wraps his arms around me. "