chapter 43

"Margaret, make this baby stop crying. It's giving me a headache; I am not able to concentrate on my spell here." Xavier yelled pressing his hands on his head.

"Okay, master. I will take the baby to next room." Margaret, Xavier's trusted servant offered.

"Better, I need to stop this baby's power from radiating from this house before anyone could track it. "He said as he continued reading his grimoire as Margaret took the baby and went out of the room.

"This boy is blessed with so much power, its turning out to be a curse to me to control his power." He muttered to himself since past few hours he had been trying to find a way to cover the track of the baby but every single time he failed.

He stopped turning the pages as he focused on a particular spell. "This should work." He said as he prepared himself rubbing his hands against each other and closed his eyes chanting the spell. The temperature around him started to get cooler and cooler. He let out a smirk knowing his spell has started to work, he raised his hands drawing circles in the air. The whole house started to get minor tremors, he knew he close to finish his spell. Small drops of sweat covered his face even when the temperature dropped, his body was giving out as the spell was draining out too much power. Before he could say the last words of his spell, a loud commotion took place downstairs, which distracted him and the spell failed. He was panting hard due to exhaustion and anger as all his energy went to vain. He cursed under his breath as he walked downstairs to see what his other witch servants have done now.

He stood on the stairs as he saw two of his witches who worked for him lying on the floor, with blood making a pool beside their body. He stiffened as his shoulders tensed up.

"We thought of giving you a gift since we are meeting for the first time." A voice filled the hallway and the accent of the voice was British.

Xavier walked towards the voice carefully.

"Who are you? State your purpose "he asked even when he knew who the person is.

"I am Niklaus mikaelson and my purpose here is to destroy you and take my child back." Niklaus stepped out of the shadow.

"Ahh .. The very Niklaus Mikaelson. So we finally meet I heard a lot of things about you." Xavier said with a fake smile trying to buy maximum time as he could to recover from the exhaustion.

"I hope it's all bad because I am not here to leave a good impression. Where's my child?" Niklaus asked taking a step ahead.

"You see my brother may be known for a lot of things but definitely not for his patience so give us what we want and may be only maybe we can consider giving you a little easier death." Elijah joined them dropping a heart on the floor which belonged to one of those witches.

" Elijah joined them dropping a heart on the floor which belonged to one of those witches

"Elijah Mikaelson , I presume." Xavier spoke.

"Drop the act, we can hear your heart thumping with fear. " Damon said as he walked past Xavier tossing a knife from one hand to another.