Chapter 37

"Hello there, Mrs. Mikaelson." A voice came from the phone

"Hey, Salvatore." I replied back.

"So, let me guess, you got bored of your marriage because your not so charming husband does not entertain you much at night so you want me to find a lawyer to get you a divorce?"

"What?" I asked in confusion but I was laughing so hard I mean what was I expecting a normal conversation with Damon?

"Yes I know a lawyer so don't worry and then maybe we can fly to Bahamas and have fun. Wait, you went there on your honeymoon so then let's go to Hawaii. Haven't tasted any Hawaiian blood so let's go there and explore our taste buds."

Thank god! Niklaus is not here or else I don't know how he would have reacted. But for sure it won't be a simple eye roll on Damon's comment like one I am getting from Rebekah.

"Damon, are you done?" I asked. "And in case you forgot FYI I don't drink blood anymore."

"Oh yeah, no worries I heard they have good food you-"before he could continue I cut him off.

"IAMPREGNANT" I said it one breath.

"What?" he asked.

"I am pregnant." I told him.

There was a moment of silence before he replied.

"Oh Rena you got me good. I get it's a joke." He said it in a mocking tone.

"No, Damon. I am serious I am pregnant. A part of me is human remember and Niklaus is partly werewolf so I guess when we .... mated, you know the rest of the biology!" I said as it was getting weird to explain this. I see how easy it is for humans when they tell others about the pregnancy, the reply they get starts with congratulation unlike mine.

"I am drunk right now. And I hear you saying me that you are pregnant I guess I drank too much I will call you once I get sober enough." With that he hung up on me.

I had my jaw touching the floor is he for real?

"Well I tried." I said aloud shrugging my shoulders and tossing my phone on bed.

And rest of the day went fast and soon sleep came looking for me.

I was panting badly as I wrapped my hands over my full grown belly. I could feel cramps on my legs as I was running for a long time. I didn't know where I was or where I am heading to all I knew was I need to run for the sake of.... my baby.

I couldn't focus on the way ahead since I was completely exhausted. All I tried was to not to get hit by a tree. It was dark and the only noise I heard was crumbling of dried leaves under my feet.

I finally saw a light coming from a small house. I quickly made my way to the house. I reached the door and banged on it really loud. The door opened on its own may because of the force I applied on the door.

I got inside the house and quickly locked it. I went further inside the house to look for someone but stopped when I found the house very familiar like I had been in this house before. I stopped in my track when I realised this house is the same one where I was kept as a captive by Xavier.

I turned on my heels to get out of the house but I couldn't move my legs anymore. I had no control over my legs. I tried to pull my legs by my hand.

"Well, well, well look who we have here? I really missed you, baby doll" he came out of the dark corner of the house.

I looked at him with fear washing over me. I stood dead in my track.

"I see you have brought me a present how kind of you." He said looking at my stomach.

I wrapped my hands over my stomach protectively.

"Xavier, please not my baby please. You can have whatever you want but leave my baby out of this." I begged him with tears blurring my vision.

"Now, my dear baby doll I am sure you are smart enough to know what I want." He said with a evil grin on his face.

"What do you want?" I asked him with my breath getting heavy.

"How naive are you baby doll? Okay fine I will give you a hint. It all started with you coming to my home for help. I took your hand in mine remember and I saw something. And that something was destined to be given by you." He paused.

"Me? I didn't have anything then and I still don't have anything now." I told him.

"Of course you didn't have what I wanted then, but now you have it."He said again looking at my stomach.

I swallowed in fear "Y..you..wan...want my... ba..baby."

"See I told you are smart enough to figure out on your own. Now give me what I want." With that his hand reached my stomach.

"No!!!!" I screamed.

"No!!!" I screamed again but this time I sat up on my bed to see myself in my room.

"Serena?" I felt two hands wrapping me. I leaned on the warmth Niklaus gave me. He gently stroked my hairs.

"It's just a bad dream." He whispered.

I sat up straight and looked into his eyes shook my head as tears started to flow my eyes.

My hands rubbing my belly which didn't even started to grow.

"Niklaus... our baby, he wants our baby." I told him.

His face married a frown not getting what I said.

"Xavier." I told him. "He wants our baby. All this time he wanted this. We were all puppets, Niklaus! He played us all." I told him as the realization dawned on me.

I looked stared at the wall as all the puzzle was falling into its own place.

"He killed Tania because he knew she would keep me away from you at any cost. So he killed... her. But then somehow we meet again. And he knew that. He kidnapped me and turned me into human so I could carry the baby, Niklaus. Hence I escaped so easily after he turned me. This whole time we thought we are free from him but we did exactly what he wanted. I can't believe this. "

I looked at him but his eyes stayed on my stomach.

"Niklaus? Niklaus say something." I pleaded him.

His jaw clenched tightly but his eyes remained still like he was processing what I said.

There was an utter silence in the room. I felt my throat dry, sweat trailing down my face as fear overtook me.

I felt a hand on my stomach.

His hands then cupped my face as I looked at him.

"I promise you my love, no harm will be caused to our child. And no harm will be caused to the woman I love, who is carrying my child. I will tear down every soul that intends to cause any harm to my family. I assure no one will lay a finger on you or our baby as I will rip every part of that body that comes looking for you. He has to go through me to reach you."

"Trust me, Serena I will protect our child. Please trust me." he pleaded.

I wrapped my hands around his chest and placed my head on his shoulder.

"I trust you, Niklaus. I trust you. I am just worried for our baby." I told him honestly.

"Just promise me Niklaus, we will protect our baby at any cost."

He wrapped his hands around tightly.

"I promise."

********************************************************************************

HEY PEEPS!

sorry for any mistakes!

keep reading :)

keep voting ;)