chapter 7

SORRY FOR THE MISTAKES ;)

SERENA POV

"Oh, honey you look beautiful" my father said looking at me. I twirled in front of the mirror letting my dress to dance in air. My little brother clapped at my action.

"Thank you father, you look very handsome" I praised him.

"Me?" My little brother pouted.

I bend down to reach his height and tapped his nose.

"Oh, my little gentleman, you are the most handsome boy that's why I am coming with you to the ball" I said.

He bowed down "My order." He said.

"It's my honor, Samuel not my order" father corrected him.

We laughed at my brother's silly mistake.

"Let's go or we'll be late." My mom said.

We reached at the venue by far the most beautiful castle I have seen in my life. There were two guards at the entrance. My father showed them the invitation card and they let us in. They gave us beautiful mask. Masquerade ball was the trend so everyone hosted it.

"Father, I am sorry asking this question so late but who is hosting the ball?" I asked, ashamed that my timing was not so great.

"It's my brother's birthday milady. We just moved into the town a week ago." A man with a mask said.

"My apologizes, lord Mikealson. " My father apologized to the man. I felt really bad for asking such stupid question.

"Please, no need to apologize. It's an honest mistake, from a beautiful lady." Man said looking at me.

He took two steps towards me. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Elijah Mikealson."He said raising a hand at me.

I gave my hand in his and bowed "Serena Petersen"

I woke up from my dream only to find myself in my house. I brushed my hairs back with my fingers.

"Good morning, Serena" I turned to the source of the voice.

"Elijah. I suppose my dream was one of your tricks." I said getting out of my bed.

He smiled.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I am here to meet you. It's been a really long time. And what are you doing here in mystic falls?" He asked.

"Well, I thought I could finally settle down for a while, I was really tired of running you see" I said.

"A vampire can never actually settle. Settlement is not a part of vampire's lifestyle." He said.

"Hmm... would you care for some tea?" I asked going to the kitchen.

"Would love to." He joined me in the kitchen. He was looking around my house.

"Elijah, how did you know I am here?" I asked, given that I never met even when he was in the basement.

"I heard the Salvatore brothers talking of a girl called Rena and how much she hate the compulsion, so I just simply put two and two together." He said.

I took a deep breath and nodded.

"Do they know about your past?" he asked.

"Not yet. But since my past is dancing in front of me I better tell them soon." I told him.

He stepped in front of him hardly a feet's distance "You knew I was in the basement this whole time, why didn't you remove the dagger from my heart?"

I looked at him straight into his eyes. "You knew I was being compelled the whole time when I was with Niklaus, why didn't you help me?"

He looked into my eyes searching for his answer, but he stepped back keeping his eyes on the floor.

"I suppose we are even now." I said pouring the tea in two cups.

"I am sorry." He said taking the cup.

I simply nodded and drank the tea.

My phone buzzed.

I checked my phone. It was a text from Damon.

'I am sorry for being d**k yesterday. Can I have my best friend back?'

"Let's go to Salvatore house." He said.