Chapter-23

(The above picture is of Tania, Serena's witch friend.)

"Serena"

"Serena"

I heard my name being called by Tania my witch friend.

I came out of the room.

" Hey come upstairs" I told her. She climbed up the stairs and joined me.

"Where's mikaelsons?" She asked running her hand through her soft brown hair.

"Niklaus and Elijah are out of town to take care of some business." I said walking into my room as in mine and Niklaus's room.

"He left you all alone? That's strange." She said.

" Not really, He compelled me to not to step out of the house. Thanks to your vervain tonic it didn't really work." I said sitting on a chair.

"Why does he compel me all the time? Doesn't he trust me? I am his wife for heaven sake. Why would I run from my husband?" I asked not expecting an answer from Tania. These were just the questions I had in my mind.

"How long will he be out?" Tania asked.

"A week or two I suppose."

" I think it's time to find answers for all these question." She said sitting next to me.

" What are you saying? Who's going to answer my question?" I said not at all getting what she meant.

"You. You are going to answer your own question. This is the opportunity come on Serena let's go and find out." She said grabbing my hand.

" Where are you taking me? I don't think it's a good idea. Niklaus will be mad if he finds out about this." I told her.

"Okay. Fine. Lets sit here and wait for Niklaus to come and compel you again and again and again. It's not worth to find the truth right? It's not worth to find why he is compelling you? Why he always compel you to stay here? Why is he scared that you will runaway?" Tania spoke.

"Why... why will I runaway.? " I asked.

"That is exactly what we need to find out Serena! What is it that he is hiding! Be a little brave Serena. I have always considered you as my sister and I can't see you being mistreated."

We both fell silent.

I got up and fixed my hair.

" Let's go, we need to return before he comes back." I said.

She smiled.

"Let's go. I hope you have all the good reason to return back to this place dear." Tania hugged me.

*
*
*
*

"Are we there yet?" I asked her for the tenth time.

"Almost there." She answered for the tenth time.

After walking for another good 10 minutes we reached a small cottage.

"This is the place." Tania said placing her hands on her hips.

"What should I expect to be there inside this cottage?" I asked her. The cottage was decent but I was getting bad vibes from this place.

"Well you can expect the most powerful warlock born till date, Xavier Devitto! He is four hundred and twenty year old." She said.

"What? Aren't you witches and warlock have life span similar to humans?" I asked out of curiosity.

" Yes. But as I said he is THE MOST POWERFUL warlock! So I guess he have control over his aging."

"Why are we going to him? Can't you help me to free me from compulsion?" I asked.

"As much as I wish I could but it takes a lot of power to do that! Only he can channel that much power. Let's go in."

Before we knocked the door, a lady opened it. And gestured us to come in.

"Listen one more thing, he doesn't do anything for free. So we have to be careful before we deal with him alright? " she warned me and I nodded.

We reached a room, the first thing that hit me was the smell of basils. The room was big, spacious even with all the furniture. The chandelier that was hanging at the centre was beautiful.

"Hello ladies" I heard the voice from behind. I felt it strange that I couldn't sense him with my vampire senses but then as Tania said he is powerful may be its one of the perks of being powerful I thought.

I turned around to see a handsome man with a smile that was married to his face.
I was confused to see him and He clearly read my confusion so he asked " Didn't like what you see?"

"Oh no.. It's... not that. It's just when Tania told me I am going to meet a warlock who is more than four hundred year old I expected a old man with lot of wrinkles on his face and a stick. And you turned out to be....." I trailed off.

" to be completely opposite?" He offered.

I nodded. And he laughed really loud. Even while he was laughing his I felt his power radiating throughout the room.

I and Tania only exchanged looks. To be honest I was scared who knows if he gets angry he might turn me into a frog?

"It's not only your kind allowed to stay young even some of us can. Can't we Tania?" He asked.

I could say the moment when he said her name, she froze. It was only after I nudged her, she shook her head.

He walked past and gestured us to sit.

" I assure you, you have no reason to be scared from me unless you have some bad motives behind this visit." He said sitting in front of us.

"No! No bad motives. It's just we are here to seek help from you." Tania explained.

"Very well then. What can I do for you ladies?" He asked.

Tania looked at me and I was already looking at her. I was having a second thought but she squeezed my hand and assured me. I finally let out a long breath and nodded .

"I .. I assume you know Mikaelson ." Tania said.

"The original vampires? Yeah I heard of them a lot since the time I came here. What about them?" He asked.

"It's ... it's not about them. It's about me, I am Serena Mikaelson, wife of Niklaus Mikaelson." I told him.

"I want you to free me from my husband's compulsion." I don't know from where but I got this courage and it felt right. Something was telling me this decision is going to change my life.

*************
Sorry for any mistakes....

Keep reading and keep voting :)

Have a great day!