XXX

Madeline's POV

Opening my eyes, I was first alarmed by the fact that the room that I was in was not my room. Then I realized what had happened. I was sleeping in Nathan's room, or should I say Kyle's. Nathan had taken the one that I was suppose to sleep in.

This room was large and spacious with a white and blue theme. There were shades to the right of me that were covering a large wall size window. The small streaks of sunlight escaped through the cracks and flowed through; enveloping me in the illusion of warmth. Stretching my body I sat up and walked over to the open bathroom door.

The bathroom was a dark sea blue, very minimalistic, with a large shower surrounded by glass in the corner. Marble lined the floor so I was guessing that it might be cold. Instead I found an open bathtub in the middle of the room surrounded by small little pebbles. The design was basically a tub surrounded by a square area of pebbles. Odd, but interesting.

"Miss," I heard from behind and turned to see the old man from yesterday.

"Hello...? I'm sorry I forgot your name."

"Roy, and it's fine. I just came back from the store with some new clothes for you."

I frowned slightly as he handed me the bag. Taking the bag I glanced in it and back to Roy, "You really didn't have to."

"It's fine," he smiled, "Nathan paid for it and he insisted."

"Nathan is an idiot," I remark but sincerely I am thankful, "Where is he now?"

"I think he's outside taking a call. If you'd like me to call him-"

"No it's fine," my hands pull Roy back, "It was just a question. I'm going to take a bath if that's alright. Is it clean?"

Roy winks before leaving, "This one always is."

As he leaves the room, I turn back to the tub and close the door. Placing the bag next to a basket of bottled soaps I turn the knobs to warm. Feeling the water pour out I am happy with the temperature and search for a towel. I find a cabinet with fluffy white towels and decide to trust them. Setting the towel on top of the bag I dip my hand into the tub and feel pleased. Stopping the water a bit early I undress and step onto the pebbles then slide into the warm tub.

As I rest for a bit I am ready to begin the cleansing process.

"Really," my voice echoes as I remember that the soaps are a few feet away from me. I try to reach for the basket as the water swooshes around, falling onto the rocks then disappearing to an unknown place.

Where did the water go?

"This isn't working," I pull myself back in. So I decide to quickly get up and bring the basket nearer. But as I'm mid way from the basket the door opens and quickly I turn and see Nathan walking in.

"Did you want-"

It happened so quickly, but felt like an eternity. My eyes widen, muscles tighten, and soon I'm yelling.

"Watch-" is the last thing I hear before my desperate attempt to get away and cover up fails. The wet black pebbles roll and I fall back, haft sliding and haft falling. My back hits the square like faucet and the back of my thighs hit the edge of the tub.

The water splashes all around and my body is in massive pain. But my first impulse as I cry is demand that Nathan not look. He actually listens and goes to the cabinet and takes a towel as if he lives here.

His head is looking down at the floor. As he walks near me I groan and whine at the pain.

"Here," he hands me the towel while he stands on the pebbles. I'm shy, embarrassed and fully naked, with my legs sticking out of the tub, but when I try to take the towel it seems almost like I can't. Due to my shoulder blade also hitting the tub my arm has trouble moving without pain.