IX

Nathan's POV

When she hugged me I had this urge to hug her back but she let go so quickly. But that was better for me. No one saw but it made me angry that I didn't get the chance or even the opportunity to hug her back. I needed to see Zola.

When she bit her lip it drove me crazy and when she left, I couldn't look away from her. This clumsy, free spirited and awkward girl was driving me crazy. I had to do something or my work would fall apart.

*****

About a week passed by and I talked with Melissa a few more times about what was going on. She wasn't much help since she said the same things that John said. Sebastian just warned me about hurting her like he was her father. Forgetting that I didn't care about fathers.

And lately she has been wearing tight clothing that expressed her... physique.

It was hard to keep my eyes off my assistant but due to her lack of attention she never even noticed but somehow it drove me even more over the top seeing that she was "innocent".

So I asked her to stop coming to my house-even if I felt that it wouldn't last long. Instead I had her get me coffee which is when she would get me the one that she favored most, now that I favored most.

"Mr. Lane," she knocked on my office door as I surveyed my thoughts about her.

"What is it," I groaned.

"Do you want anything to eat? It's almost time for lunch."

"I would."

"What would you like," she smiled in her full white body hugging dress. No doubt if she was alone, all these men would try to speak to her.

"Here let me take you," I grabbed my coat. And we walked out for lunch.

We ended up having coffee at the place we had, had it before. And there she was biting her lip, over and over again.

"What," I raised a brow.

"Nothing, it's just I can't get the image of a date out of my head."

"Madeline, I'm your boss. This isn't what you think it is. Don't make things out to be more than what they are."

"Why did you want to come then," she became defensive.

"Because I had to," I shot her a glare.

"Mr. Lane you confuse me! I know you're my boss but you send me weird signals, and I don't know what to do."

Then out of no where as I'm about to yell a man comes and taps her shoulder.

"GET-" I begin.

"Jake?!"

She shoots up and hugs a guy with a guitar on his back and very lazy clothing.

"Hey, I just saw you and wanted to say hi. Am I interrupting?"

Madeline's POV

"No of course not." I can't believe it's my ex from college. My god Jake, and Nathan in the same place, was more than weird for me.

"Hello, I'm Nathan," Mr. Lane introduced himself.

"Jake Rivers," and he shook his hand.