VIII

I didn't see Mr. Lane the rest of the day so when work ended I left with a lot of the people in the building. They swayed me into going to the bachelorette party.

They had it a club where it was woman's night down in the city. Seeing all these men didn't make it feel right either, for some reason I just thought of Nathan. That was freaking me out.

"Hey you should come dance with us," Barbara laughed trying to pull me away from one of the booths.

"I'm ok, I don't drink much and I only dance when drunk."

"Then have some."

"I don't know I have work."

"It's like 8 something, I'm sure you'll get over it before you go to work."

Looking at the alcohol she was waving in my face I gave in. I took the blue colored drink and drank it all.

"Woo!"

I fluffed my hair and followed the girls to the area where the men where dancing.

The men were all tan and muscular like gorillas. Which is a compliment... kind of.

"She's 22," Barbara yelled at the men.

"Stop it," I yelled back and we laughed, "She's getting married!"

It was exactly 11 pm when I got a call from Nathan. So I drunkingly stepped out.

"Hey boss," I tried to act normal but I burped.

"What is wrong with you?"

"Jeez Louise! I'm just hanging out, making friends."

"I tried calling you to bring me some bandages but you wouldn't answer, Miss Bloom."

"Whaaaat-," hiccup, "I only saw this call."

"Miss Bloom, you're drunk, go home. I don't want drunk idiots at my work."

"I'm educated in everything."

"I don't care, you either have work ethic or not."

"Well ok then, I'll get your bandages, let me just walk there."

"You don't have a car do you?"

"I have a bus and shoes. It's ok we are like 20 minutes away from your 'mansion'. Your friend's was nicer by the way," I hiccuped again.

"Excuse me?"

"Oops... I'm sorry, let me get you your stuff."

Then I hanged up and stared walking in search of a CVS or Walgreens or something.

"Hey," some guy smiled at me.

"Hey pal, listen you know where I can find a pharmacy," I stumbled.

"Yeah let me show you," he grabbed my wrist.

"Can you let go," I tried pushing his arm off.

"Hold on sweetheart, just a few more minutes, we are all most there."

"Get off me, you fucking pervert," I clawed at his hand.

"Stupid bitch! Calm down," he tightened his grip and jerked me forward.

"Back away," another man came and shoved the pervert off of me.

The pervert jolted back but the man ducked and pushed him away leading the pervert to fall.

"Let's go," the stranger pulled me.

"I don't know you!"

"It's me," the man turned to face me under the street light.