it's been a long day || adrinette

Walking slowly down the street towards his most hated place at the moment, and probably forever, a lonely man held a blue dark box tightly against his chest.

Why did he have to be walking there, anyways? It certainly wasn't fair. Why must God do this to him? He knew for a fact he hadn't done anything bad during his lifetime. At least not bad enough for God to punish him by making him walk to the cemetery pratically every week.

Today, however, he planned in making this his last visit for a long, long while. Inside the box he carried, were the letters she wrote. The letters she oh so painfully wrote for the love of her life, when he left her alone, for work.

The man could still remember when he opened one of the cards, after the terrible accident and after the terrible days had passed.

My Dear Adrien,

How are you? How have you been? I hope you have been doing well, my love. As for me, I haven't been doing that good ever since you left.

It has almost been a year since you abandoned me. And I still can't understand why. Of course, I get the 'having to leave because of work' part, of course I do. So many times did you leave me to travel to foreign lands. But you always came back. You always returned to me, always kissed me for what felt like the first time in forever, always made love to me like it was our first time.

But this time, you didn't. You simply decided you didn't want to be with me anymore. I presume that's understandable.

Who would want to date such a plain, boring girl like me, when you can have all the models you want for youself? I understand, honestly I do.

But why, Adrien? Why did you break my heart like this? That, is what I don't understand, my love.

Was I really not worth your love? Was I not worth your beautiful love poems? Was I not worth of your dazzling kisses? Was I not worth of your to drool for body? Was I not worth of you?

These questions seem to haunt me every day, every second, every night.

I wish you could at least come back to answer them. It would be the last thing I'd ask from you.

Maybe that's it. Maybe I asked too much from you. Was I selfish, my love? Did I not love you enough?

Please forgive me if that is the case. I wish I could show how much I love you, how much you mean to me.

I miss you, Adrien.

I have no idea how you have been, where you have been, what you have been doing.

If you've already found someone else.

Nino has tried telling me what you have been up to, but I refused to listen.

It was simply too painful, for me to hear how you were. How happy you must be without me in your life.

I wonder, did you want to break up earlier? Were you just putting up with me? For pity?

All I seem to do now a days, is wonder if you really loved me. Did you, my sweet Adrien? Did you loved me?

I want to believe you did... But something keeps on telling me that you didn't, that you should've choose Chloé over me.