valentine's day || adrinette

"Okay dude, Valentine's Day is coming up!" Nino punched Adrien on the shoulder slightly.

"Yeah, I know. But what about it?" Adrien looked at him, a confused expression on his face.

"W-Well... I want to give Alya chocolates, but! I will only do it, if you give Marinette chocolates too!" He accused, throwing his arms in the air.

"Wow, wow, wow and wow! Wow!" Adrien held his hand up, arching his eyebrows. "I have nothing to do with this! Why do I have to give Marinette chocolates?! I barely know her!"

"I know! But remember last year? She also gave you chocolates!" Nino pointed out.

And he was right, last year Marinette gave Adrien some chocolates on Valentine's Day. He chuckled slightly, remembering how embarrassed she was as she handed him a pretty blue box with chocolates in it. The only reason he didn't suspect of her crush for him then, was because later on class he heard her and Alya talk.

"I gave Adrien the chocolates! Are you happy now?" A very mad Marinette asked, pouting with her arms crossed.

"Yes, girl! Very!" Alya had answered her, a laugh escaping her lips.

So yeah, Adrien just assumed it was a dare since Marinette never talked to him again.

"Okay, she may have given me chocolates but that doesn't mean I also have to give her some!" He retorted, crossing his arms.

With closed eyes, crossed arms and a sigh escaping his lips, Nino answered. "I see... You are just too much of a coward to give her chocolates." He shrugged, holding out his hands. "Can't do anything about that now, can we?"

Adrien puffed and crossed his arms, glaring at his oh so called best friend.

"Fine! I will give her chocolates, but you have to give Alya some too!" He warned, pointing a finger at Nino.

The other boy just nodded with an innocent expression on his face, before smirking evilly as Adrien turned around.

(◕‿◕✿)

Finally, it was Valentine's Day. Adrien had Marinette's chocolates with him and was kinda nervous about giving them to her, but even so he wouldn't let Nino just call him a "coward" and do nothing about that. Hell no.

He entered the classroom, instantly looking over to Marinette's sit and saw that she wasn't there yet, per usual.

A relieved breath escaped his lips, as he sat down by Nino.

"So, you ready to do this bro?" The mischievous boy grinned at his friend.

Before Adrien could answer him, the classroom door bursted open and a panting Marinette came in, resting her hands on her knees, heavily breathing.

"J-Just in time..." She commented tired and walked to her sit, greeting Alya.

"Wow girl! You almost didn't make it this time!" The brunette exclaimed, chuckling as the teacher came in.

Adrien and Nino looked at one another and nodded, as if agreeing that they'd give them the chocolates after the bell rang.

(◕‿◕✿)

It was now or never. Marinette was talking with Alya about something and Adrien had the box behind his back. He and Nino had agreed that Adrien would give the chocolates to Marinette first and Nino would give his to Alya later.

"M-Marinette," He called out, watching as she looked at him and blushed. "C-Can I talk t-to you?" He rushed in asking, before she could speak.

The girl gave him a confused look, before glancing at Alya who gave her a thumbs up and looked at Adrien again, nodding her head.

They walked side by side to the back of the school, both with their hands behind their backs and an awkward silence between them.

"S-So A-Adrien, d-do you need s-something?" Marinette shyly asked, glancing at him before turning away again.

"W-Well... Y-You remember, last year you g-gave me c-chocolates right?" He stuttered, mentally cursing himself.

"O-Oh, yes most definitely like..." She answered, embarrassed as her cheeks got warmer and redder than they already were.

Adrien stopped walking, and took a deep breath, as Marinette also stayed still, staring at him with a nervous smile on her face.

"Y-Yeah, s-so... I wanted to give you these." The boy mumbled, pulling the box from behind his back and nervously gave them to her.

Marinette almost fainted, staring at the box, before lifting her gaze to meet his embarrassed one too. She shyly reached for the box, with trembling hands and took it from him.

"I-I-I-I, A-A-A-A-Adrien t-t-t-thank y-you." There it was. The stuttering mess Marinette always became whenever Adrien was around.

His face was also real warm and flushed, but he worriedly stared at her. She looked ready to pass out any time now, and Adrien, of course, was worried. I mean, yeah he just gave her chocolates but that wasn't a big reason to get all flustered. Ah, he thought.

"W-Well, Happy Valentine's Day, Mari!" Adrien exclaimed, before hurrying off, blushing madly.

––
Anddd Valentine's Week has started for me! 😋 I will be posting a one shot everyday of the week until Sunday, but seeing that I still don't have a laptop and am still on my sister's phone, I don't know if I'll be able to post some days, so if that happens, there will be days when I'll post 2 stories. 😉 well, thanks for the support guys! You are the best!