Chapter 16

©all rights reserved BFFBNJ- 2011

Here's the next chapter- hope you enjoy it! Please show your support if you do. Thanks <3

BTW guys thanks for helping me become # 16 on vampires, #126 on romance and #227 on whats hot! You guys rock <3

 Sorry its so short, The video on the right is the song she was singing ---------------------->

As If Life Couldn't Get Any Worse

Chapter 16

The next couple days were spent without many words in the D'amor home. Octavian hadn't spoke two words to Zaphira the entire time. It surely gave Zaphira enough time to think about everything that had been happening. He even refused to train her until Chloe was well again. Once again she had begun to starve herself. She just couldn't bring herself to drink any blood knowing that Chloe was so close to dieing right now. She hadn't left Chloe's side the entire time since she had been injured.

Guilt was overwhelming Zaphira, between stabbing the only friend she honestly had ever had, to uninvitedly going in to Octavian's mind. It wasn't just the factor that she had went into his mind without permission, but the fact that WHEN she had done it, that was really hurtful to Octavian. She could honestly say she disgusted herself.

_

You could hear Zaphira's voice echoing through the halls. Octavian looked up at he ceiling as he listened. There was so much pain in her voice and sobs between each breath. He had to stop and listen... It was the only thing anyone could do when she sang.

 ***

Seems like it was yesterday when I saw your face

You told me how proud you were but I walked away

If only I'd known what I know today

I would hold you in my arms

I would take the pain away

Thank you for all you've done

Forgive all your mistakes

There's nothing I wouldn't do

To hear your voice again

Sometimes I want to call you

But I know you won't be there

I'm sorry for blaming you for everything

I just couldn't do

And I've hurt myself by hurting you

Some days I feel broke inside

But I won't admit

Sometimes I just want to hide

'Cause it's you I miss

You know it's so hard to say goodbye

When it comes to this

Would you tell me I was wrong?

Would you help me understand?

Are you looking down upon me?

Are you proud of who I am?

There's nothing I wouldn't do

To have just one more chance

To look into your eyes and see you looking back

I'm sorry for blaming you for everything

I just couldn't do

And I've hurt myself

If I had just one more day,

I would tell you how much that

I've missed you since you've been away

Oh, it's dangerous

It's so out of line to try to turn back time

I'm sorry for blaming you for everything

I just couldn't do

And I've hurt myself

By hurting you

His heart pulled him to Chloe's room. It was as if Zaphira's voice was calling to him. There he stood in the doorway as he watched his soul-mate. Tears streamed her face as she sang out, eyes closed, totally unaware of Octavian's presence. She was sat,at Chloe's bedside hand in hers and sang her heart out. Her cheeks were sunken in from not having fed properly over the last few days.

It took every ounce of strength inside Octavian to stand quietly and observe her,. He wanted, so very badly, to go over and comfort her but deep down he knew she had to realize just how wrong she was. He gripped the door frame,steadying himself so he wouldn't just run over and wrap her into a warm embrace and comfort her. To run his hands through her beautiful hair, wipe the tears from her tear stricken face, and just let her know Chloe was going to be okay.

After finishing her song Zaphira slumped over in the chair, laid her head upon the bedside, and just sobbed. Before she noticed his presence Octavian spun around so he was standing on the other side of the doorway against the wall.

“Chloe please find the strength to come back to me. I need you and I am sorry.” He could hear her sniffles as she continued,”I have made a mess of everything. I promise to do better. I promise to listen and do whatever you think is best. PLEASE Chloe just please don't leave me.”

Octavian smiled and zoomed down stairs before she noticed he was listening in on her. Knowing that it would only make things worse. He paced the floor trying to find a way for them to work passed there problems. He was still angry at her for searching his mind when Chloe was bleeding out all over the floor, but he also knew that she was his soul-mate and even though she didn't return that love, he truly cared for her deeply.

-

The next morning Zaphira squealed with excitement as she ran down the stairs and into the study where Octavian was. She ran straight to him and embraced him,wrapping her legs around his waist.

“What in the world has come over you?” Still having reservations, he pushed Zaphira down.

Not taking no for an answer Zaphira wrapped her arms around his shoulders, looking into his deep eyes. “She's awake, she's FINALLY awake!!!!!!!” She grabbed his hand and literally dragged him up the stairs.

Almost tripping on their way up, he gained his balance just as they appeared in front of the doorway. He steadied himself peering through big eyes, sitting up in the bed, was a fully healed Chloe.

“Don't you two look like a bunch of bums,” she giggled back at them.

Zaphira kneeled next to the bed, “Can you ever forgive me Chloe?”

Chloe reached up caressing Zahphira's cheek,”I know that you didn't mean to hurt me sugar.” A small frown appeared on Chloe's face as she looked more closely at Zaphira. “Why haven't you been feeding?”

Shamefully Zaphira looked to the ground.”I..” she paused,”I just couldn't eat knowing I had stabbed you and if you died...well then I wanted to die too.” A small tear escaped the corner of her eye.

“Look Zaphira, I know that you didn't mean to hurt me,”she reached over and with her index finger pushed Zaphira's eyes up.

Zaphira climbed up into the bed and embraced Chloe. That's when Octavain decided it was his que to leave.

“I will be leaving then. I am glad you are better Chloe,”he nodded to them and walked out without a word to Zaphira.