LXIII.

(Hours Later in Jay's POV)

Just waking up, I feel like an emotional wreck. I feel like a piece of... You know what never mind. I just feel horrible and the only person that was still at my bedside was Chris.

I barely even know this guy, and yet he's sticking around. I guess the medicine is kinda helping me. The only thing I remember is finding out that Jacob cheated on me with this girl. I remember our fight and I remember storming out of his apartment.... I want to remember this Chris guy because he's been so sweet. But, I can't right now.

"I see you're up already. Everybody left about an hour or two ago because they were tired." I heard a husky voice say from across the room. He had a smile on his face as he got up and approached the bed.

I got quiet and it looked like he was trying to form his next sentence.

"How you feelin?" He asked as he sat down on the bed next to me. I looked at him a certain way.

"Oh I'm sorry... I'll give you your space." He said standing up.

"No no no... Chris it's okay." I said smiling and putting my small hand on top of his big hand. Wow I love these hands. I still can't believe I'm in a relationship with this piece of man candy.

He smiled and he sat back down.

"My head doesn't hurt as bad as it did earlier. The only thing that hurts the worst is my leg." I said looking down at my body.

"Everything is gonna be okay... I'm right here for you." He said smiling showing his dimple.

"Wow... Did I like trick you into being with me or something? Like I did I force you or hold you against your will?" I asked chuckling lightly as he looked at me crazy. He had to laugh too.

"Naw... I chose to be with you... I'm in love with you." He said running his thumb along the scar on my cheek.

"But, I'm all scratched up and crippled." I said looking down at my arm.

"But, that isn't everything. You as an individual can make me happy without even trying." He said looking into my eyes. I looked down and blushed. He's really a charmer.

"How long have we been together?" I asked looking at the tattoos that ran along his arm.

"It feels like forever. You like my tattoos?" He asked as I looked up at him. He's very observant I see.

"Yeah.... Can I see them?"

"Sure..." He said bringing his arms closer. I ran my hand along them as I examined them.

"You really like cartoons don't you?" I asked looking at a Samurai on his arm.

"Yeah... I watch a lot of cartoons. I see you don't remember that either. I know the tattoos on my arm are kinda hard to tell. These are easier to look at. Do you mind?" He asked reaching to pull his shirt off.

"I don't mind at all. Go right on." I said folding my arms. The minute he pulled off his shirt, I almost lost it. 

"You must like what you see." He said smirking at me.

"Come here so I can see it closer." I said as he walked up. I traced my finger along the airplane.

"I like this one the best." I said smiling.