Terrible Things

En başından başla

"I blushed and was really embarrassed that she caught me staring. She gently laughed and held out her hand."

"She said to me, "Boy can I tell you a wonderful thing? I can't help but notice your staring at me. I know I shouldn't say this, but I really believe. I can tell by your eyes that you're in love with me.""

"I looked at the floor because I couldn't believe how stupid I was. She introduced herself and I introduced myself back. She gave me her phone number and left the coffee shop."

"After a few dates together, I asked her to be my girlfriend. She said yes and we shared our very first kiss that night. It was one of the best days of our lives."

Now, son, I'm only telling you this
Because life can do terrible things.

I looked at Theo to see him nod and tell me to continue. He was smiling, which made me smile.

"Mom sounds amazing so far." He said.

"I'm finally telling you this story because life can do terrible things. This is one of the many things that life can do."

I managed to say. My breathing became heavy and my knees were extremely weak.

Now, most of the time we'd have too much to drink
And we'd laugh at the stars and we'd share everything
Too young to notice, and too dumb to care
Love was a story that couldn't compare.

"Most of the time we would go out to bars and have fun. We would party all night together and drink way too much. We would get drunk and have to call your mother's roommate to pick us up."

I lightly chuckled at the memory. Those were some of the good times we had together.

"We were only twenty two, so we were still new to drinking. We didn't know the right amount to stop at because we were young and dumb. We didn't care too much."

"Love is something completely different though. Love is more beautiful and perfect than anything. Sometimes love can destroy you though. Nothing in life can compare to love."

I said, "Girl, can I tell you a wonderful thing?
I made you a present with paper and string.
Open with care now, I'm asking you, please.
You know that I love you, will you marry me?"

"One day, your mom and I got talking about our future together. She told me when she wanted to get proposed to and when she wanted the wedding."

"She said she wanted to get proposed to on Christmas. She told me she likes the original proposal days, even though she was a unique person."

"So what did I do? I did what your mom wanted. I saved all my money and bought her a beautiful diamond ring. I proposed to her on Christmas just like she wanted."

"I took the proposal box and wrapped it with white computer paper. Your mom didn't care about wrapping and stuff. That's one of the things I love about her."

"I grabbed (F/C) string and tied it around the box. At the top, I created a bow and smiled at my horrible abilities of wrapping."

"We were cuddled on the couch in front of the fire place when I pulled out the small gift. She looked at it and looked back at me confused."

"I said, "Girl, can I tell you a wonderful thing? I made you a present with paper and string. Open with care now, I'm asking you, please. You know that I love you," I handed her the box and she unwrapped it. I completed my sentence. "Will you marry me?""

"Your mother started to cry as she nodded yes and jumped into my arms hugging me. I smiled as she pestered my face with kisses and stayed in my arms."