Chapter 40: Cupcakes (Fluff Chapter)

The whole kitchen was covered in frosting and flour. Kawaii-chan and Lucinda had fled to the living room, but everyone else was still in the kitchen. Even Gene and Michi.

     Garroth and Laurance forgot to care and were using frosting, sugar, and sprinkles to draw things on each other's faces. Laurance managed to do a rainbow swirly look on Garroth's face, and continued down his neck so that Garroth's neck and face were covered with pretty rainbow patterns.

     "Masterpiece!" Laurance yelled, slinging and arm around Garroth. Garroth's face-frosting hid his blush. Garroth grabbed a tube of frosting and began drawing on Laurance. He ended up just drawing dots and pressing sprinkles into the spots of frosting.

     "Aw," Gene snickered. He would have take a picture, but... "This is so cute! What's the ship name? Gaurance? Larroth? I forgot..."

     "Michi likes Gaurance better," Michi contributed, looking through the fridge for fish. "It sounds cuter!"

     "We're not a ship," protested Garroth and Laurance. It was a futile effort. Katelyn and Zane were already using frosting to write 'Gaurance OTP' on Aphmau's fridge door and walls. Zane used frosting to paint on Katelyn's face, then threw some more flour on it.

     Zane used his finger to scrape a word into Katelyn's face. It read, fluff. Because that is exactly what this chapter is. I mean, it's not like I'm saving up my energy to write an especially torturous chapter where something TERRIBLE happens- I mean, nothing!! Fluff! Fluff!

     Aphmau and Aaron were having a frosting-ball fight with Dante and Travis. Nicole inflamed the fight by randomly throwing sprinkles or flour at either team. Currently, Aphmau and Aaron were winning.

     "YEAH!" Aphmau yelled as one of her frosting globs smacked Travis in the face. Dang you, Travis... Dang you and the canon ship you're part of... SET IT ON FIREE!!!

     "Good job," Katelyn called, finishing the 'P' of 'OTP' on the wall. Zane puffed sprinkles and powdered sugar into her hair.Katelyn shook her head, causing sprinkles and powdered sugar to fly into the air, settling over Zane and Katelyn.

     "Let's actually decorate the cupcakes," Katelyn suggested. Each of the pairs had a tray. Garroth and Laurance had finished theirs... Most of theirs were either strangely colored or very very covered with sprinkles.

     Aphmau and Aaron had done theirs with frosting and sprinkles - Aphmau had done hearts and some cats, while Aaron had just put in patterns with the sprinkles. Michi and Gene's were interesting. Michi drew fish on hers, while Gene mostly just smeared black frosting on his.

     Lucinda and Kawaii-chan had done the nicest cupcakes. Lucinda's were magically assisted, and looked really pretty, while Kawaii-chan's were obviously frosted by the practiced hand.

     Dante and Travis's weren't done. Neither were Katelyn's and Zane's. Zane grabbed a tube of black frosting. Katelyn grabbed a blue one. They both targeted the same cupcake, and it turned out striped.

     "I have an idea," Katelyn announced. She found two packets of sprinkles and tore them open. Black sprinkles and blue sprinkles. She took the black ones (they were the sugar crystal kind) and shook them all over the blue stripes.

     The blue ones (they were spheres, if you were wondering) Katelyn sprinkled over the black stripes. Zane approved the look.

     "The final touch," Zane announced, and went hunting around the tables. He found what he was looking for and brandished it in Katelyn's face. He announced, "Chocolate!"