Chapter 1: All for a Box of Cookies

Disclaimer: I wrote this when I was a bit younger than I am now. It's actual trash. No lies. Don't read it. It sucks. Fight me.

I've also abandoned this account, so, hey. Um. Yeah. Bye, y'all.

     "Zane..." muttered Katelyn, spitting out that one syllable like a nasty taste. "He is so... What kind of person gets to be that evil? Even I..."

     "Hey, you're not evil..." Aphmau reassured Katelyn, deftly avoiding the Zane-that-idiot tirade.

     "Kawaii-chan does not like Zane!" Kawaii-chan contributed firmly. "He gave Aphmau-senpai and her friends a bad score for their hard work at Christmas!"

     Katelyn sighed and slid off the couch. Her stomach complained with a loud grumble, so she wandered into the kitchen to get some food. Her hands felt the insides of the cookie jar, but grasped nothing but crumbs. Katelyn heaved another huge sigh and slumped down to search the cabinets.

     Finding nothing, she rose up and rummaged in the shelves above the counter... and found nothing. She spun around, marched back into the living room, and promptly interrupted Aphamu's dialogue.

     "Kawaii-chan........ Did you eat all the food?" Katelyn demanded, trying in vain to ignore her growling stomach. "Aphmau...? Kawaii-chan? Someone ate all the food!"

     "Well..." Kawaii-chan said meekly. "Kawaii-chan may have eaten a cookie. But then she wanted another one! Kawaii-chan... Sh-she wanted more, and - Kawaii-chan is so sorry!!"

     "Oh, Kawaii-chan...." groaned Katelyn, trying to swallow her growing annoyance. "Well, now I have to go to the grocery store... 's there anything you guys want me to buy while I'm there?"

     "Well, Kawaii-chan would like more cookies," noted Kawaii-chan. "What about Aphmau-senpai?"

     "Oh, well, while you're there, Katelyn, could you pick up some more sugar? We're running low, after Kawaii-chan baked about five batches of cookies..." Aphmau said slowly, thinking.

     "Okay..." Katelyn sighed for the third time that day as she grabbed a plastic bag and headed for the nearest grocery store, mumbling some rather unflattering things about Kawaii-chan's cooking habits and cookies.

     After grabbing several packages of cookies and general groceries, including the sugar that Aphmau had wanted, Katelyn went to the checkout aisle, lugging a basket of shifting food. She glanced halfheartedly at her watch and stiffened. Nicole would be going over to their house any minute now.

     Hurriedly, Katelyn shoved some bills toward the cashier, grabbed her bag of groceries, and sprinted out the door. On the way, she tripped into a ditch. She watched, aghast, as, while her arms flailed for balance, her groceries tipped everywhere.

     Suddenly, two cold hands closed on her wrists, halting her face from its journey into the ground. Katelyn lifted her head and stared into the face of-

     "Zane?!" she sputtered. She quickly stood up and ripped her wrists from Zane, who let go almost as quickly. "What- Why are you here?"

     "Getting groceries," Zane replied coldly. "And I think I could say the same for you. Correct?"

     "Well, yes," admitted Katelyn, glaring down at Zane, who was, in fact, shorter than she. "But seriously, could you not..."

     "Well," Zane hissed. "Next time, maybe I'll just let you- I mean, sorry. (Aphmau, why do I have to make friends....)"