Chapter 27: Double-Dates With Friends

It was a normal, normal Saturday... except that, for once, Zane was at Garroth's house. Talking to Garroth. About... Katelyn. And it was definitely not normal for anyone, ESPECIALLY Zane, to talk to Garroth about girls.

     "What do you mean? That..." Garroth said, trailing off. He shook his head at Zane, who scowled at him irritably. The supermarket incident seemed like enough to show how he felt for Katelyn.... Garroth continued, "And if you're thinking about the supermarket thing... that happened FOREVER ago!"

     "It was a little over a month ago," protested Zane, crossing his arms. He scowled darkly, adding, "And at least she knows how I feel... I mean... I've never dated before... How am I supposed to know what makes a good date? I don't know anything about that kind of stuff..."

     "You've come to the right place!!" Garroth assured Zane, smiling like he had SO much experience... "I'm thinking.... -"

     "Wow, really?" gasped Zane sarcastically. "You're thinking?! I am SHOCKED,  tell you... What? You said it."

     "Haha, baby brother," grumbled Garroth. He shot Zane a glare, then continued, "Anyway, this is Katelyn we're talking about... so you have to do something really nice... Like a restaurant or something, and not a bad one either. Or take her somewhere she wants to go. No. Ponies."

     "Ponies? I don't know what you're talking about," sputtered Zane. "And... besides... I don't know where to go... For a restaurant. Not the maid cafe, for sure..."

     "Good choice,"agreed Garroth. He smirked. "Or if you did, we could ALL get updates on what you're doing with Katelyn... A livestream from Kawaii-chan's phone, maybe..."

     "No," Zane hissed, horrified at the very thought. Then, his and Garroth's phone lit up simultaneously. They both looked down. Aphmau had texted them a picture of her and Aaron, with the picture: Anniversary!! Cute.

     "This is...," Garroth sighed, trailing off. If only there were another dimension in which... never mind. "Wait... While I don't exactly like this... Why don't you, Katelyn, Aphmau, and... Aaron... go on a double-date? It worked before..."

     "Good idea," Zane agreed. Then he jumped up, and ran out of Garroth's room, yelling, "I have to ask Aphmau before Katelyn! I want to surprise her!"

     Garroth sighed and laid back on his bed... Finally his baby brother had the right idea... If only... Eh, whatever. Garroth could just distract himself by watching Zane mess up. That was always fun.

     Zane barged into Aphmau's house, before remembering to be quiet. He softly closed the door and ran into the living room, finding Aphmau on the couch with Aaron. They both looked up, confused to see Zane there.

     "Aphmau- I. Have- *huff-huff* something- *deep breath* an idea-" panted Zane, out of breath from running across the street. Why he was so tired after only such a short run? Three words: It. Was. Sunny. Zane caught his breath and continued, "I... wanted to know if... you guys would be willing to do a double date with... me and... Katelyn."

     "YOU GUYS ARE D- Mmph!! Mmph!! MMHMMPH!" squealed Aphmau, before Aaron covered her mouth, waiting until she'd calmed down. Zane had forgotten that they didn't know... Aphmau said, a little quieter, "I KNEW it! I knew you guys had something going!! OMG!! THIS IS SO EXCITING!!"

     "Calm down," laughed Aaron, as Aphmau bounced up and down on the couch. "And of course, Zane... Just... aren't you going to tell Katelyn?"

     "I wanted to surprise her," Zane admitted, shifting back and forth on his feet. "I mean... wait.. Is that a bad idea? I still don't know much about this stuff..."