Chapter 18

It was now 3:30p.m. We had to go down to the police station. Even though Jackson was still in a coma, the detectives had to see if we knew anyone who was capable of doing something like this.

I sat at cold, metal table waiting. Someone finally came in after two minutes.

"Hello Saige, my name is detective Craig Johnson. This hit and run was no accident. Witnesses say that the car was coming straight towards Jackson." Detective Johnson said.

"Did you find anything that would lead to the person who did it?" I said.

"No, but we're looking to see if you and Jackson's parents know anyone who was capable of this. Did Jackson have any enemies?" Detective Johnson raised an eyebrow.

I sat there for a minute or two and didn't say a word.

"Miss Jacob's. If you know anything, you need to tell us." He urged.

I let out a sigh. "He threatened me if I did."

"Who did?" He asked.

"My ex boyfriend. Luke Mitchell. He said something bad will happen if I told the police."

I know I was trying to come up with a plan to outsmart Luke, but I didn't have anything so far. This was my best option.

"So you think he ran Jackson over?"

"He didn't do it, but he came up with the plan and had someone do it. His cousin Scott Green did it. I have evidence of him saying it." I said puling out my phone.

I showed Detective Johnson the conversation that I had with Luke.

"He will do something bad if he knows I told you guys!" I yelled.

"Unfortunately, we need more proof. He could just be saying that to mess with your head."

Are you kidding me?! Oh I'll get more proof alright.

"Call me if you have anything else." He said.

We got up and he lead me out of the room.

********
I got home and laid down on my soft bed. I just wanted this all to be over.

Me: Luke, I realized that Jackson is useless. He's in a hospital bed. How pathetic. You're the one I want. I still loved you all along.

Unknown Number(Luke): Glad you're finally seeing things my way.

Me: How about you come over?
Unknown Number(Luke): I can't. My only non busy day is Saturday.

Me: Saturday it is.

Things were about to get a whole lot better.

Author:
Hey guys I hope you enjoy this chapter!!