Chapter 4

“What do you mean I have to stay at Jackson's house for two weeks?!” I shouted.

“Your father and I have to go to Miami and help your grandparents pack up their stuff.” Mom said.

“What's wrong with their current house?” I asked.

“They want to move closer to us. They found a place here in Orlando. Plus we don't have to drive a long way anymore.”

“But for two weeks?!”

“They have a lot of stuff to pack up. Relax it's not that long.” Mom smiled.

*******

“Come on in dear. We're glad to have you. Let me show you to your room.” She said with her friendly tone.

I followed in nervously after her. The room I was staying in was quite nice and spacious. It felt like home already.

“Thank you so much Priscilla.” I said hugging her.

“Oh, it's no problem at all. Jackson doesn't know you're staying but he will find out eventually. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. Mr. Price and I have to go to work. We will be back later on tonight so don't worry. Enjoy your stay.” Priscilla gave a friendly smile.

Of course they would have to go to work because it's Thursday which leaves me and Jackson here alone. His name even gave me the chills. What else could possibly go wrong.

I had barely gotten any sleep last night. Thoughts of Jackson kept popping in my head. There must have been something seriously wrong with me. I slowly dozed off.

******

My eyes slowly opened. I had the worst nightmare. Jackson kept kissing me and there was nothing I could do about it. A yawn escaped my mouth as I turned on my right side. Jackson was there lying in the bed staring at me.

“What the heck?!” I shouted jumping up.

“Not so quiet now are we? Did you enjoy my kisses?” He grinned.

“What?” I was confused.

“You must be a really heavy sleeper because you didn't wake up when I was kissing you.” He chuckled.

“Who kisses someone while they're sleeping?! Get out!” I yelled.

“Fine fine. But I'll be back. Oh and I put a picture of me on the dresser so you'll have something to look at when you wake up every morning for the next two weeks.” He winked at me which made me feel uncomfortable.

Only Jackson Price would do something like that. I was scared to even come out of the guest room. I shouldn't feel like a hostage. Guests are supposed to be treated well. Oh well, I wasn't going to let him stop me from enjoying my stay.

I went downstairs to find something to eat. My eyes were focused on a box of Cheez-Its on the very top shelf. There was no way I could reach that being 5'2. I didn't want to bother Jackson so I attempted to climb the shelves. Unfortunately I failed and lots of food fell on me as well.

“Ow!” I yelled loudly.

My ankled was in so much pain. That was very stupid of me.

“Wow Saige, no one would be stupid enough to do that.” He laughed.

”Why are you laughing!!! Can't you see I can't move!!” A tear fell down my cheek.

I had never experienced a pain like this before.

“I'm sorry. Your knight and shining armor is here.” He announced.

“Well that's just great.”  Sarcasm in my tone. “Hurry up and help me!”

He picked me up bridal style. “Here, I'll drive you to the hospital. Why didn't you just ask me to get whatever you needed?” Jackson asked.

“Because I didn't want to bother you. Plus you'd probably start talking about yourself.”

“Well I am pretty great aren't I. If I wasn't here then you would be lying on the floor for hours. Just be grateful you had a strong man like me in the house.”

*********

It was three o'clock when we got back from the hospital. I had broken my ankle so I was going to be taking it easy for a while.

“Thank you for taking me to the hospital.” I said gratefully.

“You're welcome.” Jackson smiled. “You gotta take it easy for a while. Okay?”

“Yes yes I know. Take me to my room please.”

He carried me yet again bridal style. He put me down on the soft bed but I then realized it wasn't the room I was staying in.

“This isn't my room.” I muttered.

“Exactly. It's my room.” That evil little smile of his formed into his face.

“Why am I in your room?!” Frustration clearly in my tone.

“So we can hangout duh. Plus you need someone watching you.” Jackson said setting my crutches where I wouldn't be able to get them.

“We don't need to hangout. We don't even need to be friends. You're too arrogant. Every time we have a conversation, you talk about yourself like your sooo amazing. Why are you so arrogant?” I wondered.

“In middle school I was bullied. I always put myself down because of it. I hit puberty over the summer before ninth grade. That's when my transformation began. I was never bullied in ninth, tenth, or eleventh. Instead of putting myself down, I make myself feel good.”

“Oh dang. But you need to get rid of that arrogance. There's a difference between being confident and being arrogant.”

“I make no promises. You need to get rid of that shyness.” He urged.

“I make no promises.” I smirked.

Author:
Hey guys!! I'll publish these four chapters for now to seeing everyone likes it. I'll still be working on the other chapters. Hope you enjoy!!