Chapter 7

Saturday had approached quickly. I finally remembered to call my mom about my broken ankle last night. She almost had a heart attack and threatened to come home early, but I told her everything was fine. Jackson and I had pretty much been inside the remainder of the week doing nothing. It made sense considering he just moved here and didn't have friends, and my only friend who was my best friend is in another state.

With Priscilla and Derek being gone for a little while, it left me and Jackson in the house yet again.

I decided to go downstairs and watch a little TV. That was something I hadn't done in a while. They had a wide variety of movies, but one in particular caught my eye. Divergent. I had seen this movie only once but really loved it.

I was enjoying the movie until a certain someone interrupted me.

"Change your clothes, we're going out." Jackson said.

"To where? Why? I'm watching a movie." I whined.

"Quit whining. You'll see when we get there. Change into something nice." He said walking away.

That would mean me having to walk next door to my house and go upstairs to get something. Good thing my parents left the back door unlocked.

I chose a floral dress that was slightly above my knees and a black cardigan to go over it. For shoes I chose sandals. After picking an outfit I took a shower at my house this time to avoid what happened last time.

I finished getting ready and headed back to Jacksons house. As I walked inside he stared me down as if he were a predator hunting for his prey.

"Why do you keep staring at me?" I asked.

"Because you look beautiful." He smiled.

"Yea OK thanks."

I realized how that comment came out. It was a bit rude now that I thought about it.

"Let's get going." He said leading me to his car.

"Where are we going?" I wondered.

"It's a surprise." Jackson winked.

I felt uneasy the during the car ride. What if he was going to drive into the woods and kill me. For all I know, he could be a psychopath. I seriously needed to calm down. My thinking has gotten out of control.

We pulled up to a familiar restaurant. Applebee's. One of my favorite restaurants ever.

"How'd you know where to go? You just moved here like days ago." I said.

"I looked it up earlier. Duhhh."

"Oh true." I said feeling dumb for the question I asked.

******

I almost jumped for joy when our food came. It felt we were waiting for hours. I ordered a bacon, cheese burger with fries.

As I bit into my burger, I caught Jackson looking at me. I usually don't care about eating in front of people but those blue eyes were making me feel weird.

"Why are you staring at me?"

"Because I want to. Is my hair messed up?" He asked.

"Why don't you check your reflection in the napkin holder?"
I said rolling my eyes.

"Great idea. Thanks bae."

"Not your bae, remember?"

"In my mind you are."

I'll admit, him calling me bae made me feel some type of way.

"We haven't even known each other for that long. You practically just moved in next door. Just because you kissed me, doesn't mean I'm yours." I said bluntly.

"Shhhh. Hear that song playing?"

"Huh?"

"Is it too late now to say sorry, cause I'm missing more than just your body." He quietly sang.

"Stop, you're embarrassing me! Plus you sound horrible."

This boy sounded like a dying cat.

"Nah, you liked it. I saw that beautiful smile pop on your face." He smiled.

"Haha sure you did."

Even though he sounded like a dying cat, I couldn't help but smile. I was trying to hold in a loud laugh. People would probably think I'm crazy if I bursted out laughing.

I took another bite of my burger.

"You have a little something on your face dear."

"Where?" I said wiping part of my face.

"It's still there. Here let me get that for you." Jackson took his napkin and wiped the side of my mouth.

What in the world? I wasn't a little baby.

"I'm not a child you know. I can do things for myself." I narrowed my eyes.

"But I wanted to. Just like I wanted to take you out and pay for this meal."

"No, I can't let you do that. Let me pay for my stuff." I said.

"No no, I insist. Part of having a girlfriend is to spoil her."

"But I'm not your girlfrie..." I was interrupted.

"Shhhh. You will be soon enough sweetheart."

"I don't think so." I said denying him.

"We'll just see about that." A mischievous grin formed on his face.

Author:
Hey guys. Hope you liked this chapter. Again thanks to all who read. And another special thank you to my number one  supporter @TaylorWilliams689.