Chapter 2

“Sweety, we're home!!” Mom yelled from downstairs.

Whew, thank God they were home. I don't know how long I could take being home alone knowing that Jackson would try something slick. I quickly made my way downstairs.

“Hey mom, hey dad.”

“We just went over to the neighbors house. We invited them over for a barbecue tonight.” Mom said joyfully.

Just my luck. That arrogant freak is going to be in my house again. Knowing that made me feel uneasy. I couldn't tell mom because she looked so happy. Plus she hasn't had a friend in a while so I didn't want to ruin it for her.

I forced a smile onto my face. “That's great!”

I whipped out my phone and texted Chloe.

Me: That freak came into my house earlier and almost kissed me. I left the back door open by mistake. And my mom invited him and his family over for a barbecue tonight!! I'm freaking out.

My phone went off a second later.

Chloe: Oooo. You get to spend more time with Jackson. You'll totally fall for him. I just know it. As your best friend, I can just tell.

This girl was delusional. No way I would fall for someone like him!

******

We all gathered in the backyard waiting for the food to get done. The delicious smell of hamburgers, hotdogs, and chicken made my stomach growl.

Mom and dad were talking to Mr. And Mrs. Price while I sat on the patio couch playing color switch on my phone. An addicting game that made the time go by. Jackson so called had to use the bathroom but had been gone for practically 30 minutes.

I was about to get up and go see what he was up to when he came back outside. A mischievous grin was on his face. I raised an eyebrow. Just when I thought things were fine. That fool was about to sit next to me.

“Hey babe. Like my outfit? Who am I kidding, of course you do.” He said overly confident.

I remained silent as I continued to play color switch.

“Oooo the silent treatment. Well that gives me the opportunity to tell you how wonderful I am. I was born with greatness. Girl practically throw themselves at me. I can't help that I'm so good looking. You know what I mean? It's hard being this charming." He went on.
“I can sweep a girl off their feet just like that. I give it at least a week before you fall head over heels for me.”

Does this boy ever shut up. He wouldn't break me. I would continue to ignore him so matter what he said.

“Foods ready.” Dad announced.

“Finally.” I whispered to myself.

I loaded my plate up with food. What can I say, I just love to eat. I had the biggest appetite. Even though I was shy and quiet I didn't care who I ate around.

******
I was relieved when the barbecue ended. Jackson kept staring at me the whole time I was eating. What a creep.

I went to my room to read a few pages of my book. The book wasn't on the desk where I had last left it. I searched everywhere. I even searched around the house but no sign of the book. What if Jackson took it?! He was gone for 30 minutes. Ughh that means I would have to go to his house and get it back. I would have to actually talk to him.

I thought of a plan to steal back my book. I would sneak in his room in the middle of the night while he was sleeping. After all he did leave his window open. He wasn't only arrogant but stupid.

Author:
Hey guys there are many more chapters to come. So continue reading and enjoy.