Chapter 17

I could barely sleep last night knowing Jackson was still in that hospital bed in a coma. My phone suddenly went off.

Unknown Number(Luke): Hey princess. With your boyfriend being in the hospital, it's my chance to make things right with us. We can be together once and for all. We're meant to be!

I hated reading that "Hey, princess" part. Only Jackson could call me that. The only other person who did was my dad. How'd he know Jackson was in the hospital? Did he have something to do with the hit and run? I texted back, but only to look for answers.

Me: How did you know Jackson was in the hospital?

Unknown Number(Luke): Lucky guess? Haha. But no, I was the one who put him there. Well I hired someone to. It was my plan though. You're not going to go to the cops because if you do, something bad will happen again.

I had to come up with a plan to outsmart Luke. I needed to find out who he hired to hit Jackson. I had to play my cards right. Luke was smart, but not smart enough.

Me: Who did you hire to hit Jackson?

Unknown Number(Luke): A person.

I rolled my eyes at that comment.

Me: You know what I meant!

Unknown Number(Luke): Well considering I just threatened you if you go to the cops, I'll tell you. I know you would be too scared to do anything anyway. I hired my cousin. Scott Green.

My eyes basically popped out of my head. Scott is the name of that dude who was hitting on me at the beach! But it could be a coincidence right?

Me: Is Scott tall, have blonde hair and blue eyes?

Unknown Number(Luke): Yes. Why?

Woah. What are the odds. What if Luke had him watching me? I mean after two years my ex decides to show up? That's no coincidence. Luke thinks I'm just some scared girl who can't do anything. Well Luke, you're wrong. I'm going to expose you and your cousin.

I screenshot the whole conversation just in case.

*******

I sat in the chair next to Jackson's hospital bed.

“Hey. I know who did this to you. Luke and that boy from the beach. Luke threatened to do something else if I went to the cops, but I'm coming up with a plan to outsmart him. I wish you were awake right now. But I'll do everything I can to make sure this doesn't happen ever again. They'll get what they deserve.” I said.

Luke was not going to get away with this. I wasn't coming up with some sort of revenge plan. Revenge makes people do crazy things. No, Luke did something wrong, and now he has to face the consequences.

Author:
Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this chapter. I never thought my story would get this many reads. I know it doesn't seem like a lot but to me it is. Thank you to those who actually read, vote and comment. :)