TPO Chapter 11: Catch the Bait

Start from the beginning

This girl was tough. She almost had me reach my limit.

The ‘river’ had already been dealt, it was a showdown now. I believed that I got the best hand, yet, I wouldn’t fall for her bluff; I would surely win. This game was mine.

After a while, Mr. Biggs suddenly came out of the front door. He immediately started the class, at the same time; I acted to be interested with today’s lesson. But, no matter how hard I tried; I couldn’t seem to understand anything. This was really beyond my capabilities. I hated studying.

Looking sideways, I could see Gabriella, only an arm length away from me, seriously listening to the discussion. She was also jotting down notes. I wondered how she could cope up with this stuff. She was really into her studies. She was, indeed, the perfect teacher for me. She could help me with this problem. And I was very positive about this move. There was no doubt about it.

I didn’t know why Coach Morrison wanted me to have at least a grade of C+ in order to play for the team. He absolutely knew that I could play to any university in the country even without these excellent grades. I just couldn’t get his point.

Just thinking of the idea, I would already gag. Being with this boyish-clumsy-witch, I didn’t know how to survive every passing day we would share together, but, I must admit, she was the best student here in school. Even Coach Morrison suggested her to me. I didn’t know she was that famous. If only Ty and Max agreed to tutor me, those boys!

The lecture instantly finished without me noticing it.

To my surprise, Gabriella pulled my arm and dragged me outside the rear door, as soon as I heard the ringing of the bell. She was shockingly strong.

“Hey, what are you doing?” I questioned her sudden urge of emotion, struggling from her tight grip.

“Let’s settle this thing. We need to set our schedules. Both of us must compromise to compensate each other’s favor.”

“Yo, I think you should be the one adjusting to me. You were the one who needed the favor. Not me. . . And, in case, you forgot, you haven’t said PLEASE.”

“Lucas. . .” she paused, inhaling a very deep breath, her chestnut eyes fixed on me. “I need you as much as you need me. Just so you know. So, please, cooperate!”

She was serious about the deal. Well, good for the both of us. It perfectly turned out the way I wanted it to be.

“Chill, Siegfried. So, what’s your plan? You better hurry, I have practice today.” I said, looking at my watch. I couldn’t be late.

“Okay. Give me your cell number.”

Why in the world did she need my number?

“Why? You want to be my phone pal? Ha-ha!”

“I need your number so I have the means to contact you. . . You’re so full of yourself. You know that?”

“WATCH your mouth or. . .”

“Or what?!”

“Or. . .”

“WHAAAT?!”

Think quickly, Lucas!

“Or. . . I’ll kiss you!”

Why did I say that? What had gotten into me? It was the first thing that popped into my mind.

“Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?”

“Nothing. . .” I said, feigning to gag.

Did I ever imagine of kissing this witch?