TPO Chapter 10: His Contract

Photo of Gabby at the right

If you want to create banners for me, just post a message on my wall. I'll put them on the next chapters. Thanks a lot!

Chapter 10

GABBY

Wednesday. No Lucas.

Thursday. No Lucas, again.

Two days had already passed after my planned encounter with Lucas. Still, nothing positive happened.

I followed Lucas’ friends wherever they went.

I needed to get his answer as soon as possible, but I couldn’t seem to locate him, even his shadow. I didn’t know where he had been going. I was pretty sure; he was seriously hiding away from me. He completely knew that I would just persuade him about visiting Caleb.

On the other hand, Caleb was persistently asking me, every now and then, about Lucas. I didn’t know what to tell him anymore; I had already been running out of explanations.

“He was busy with practice Cal, he’s the team captain. Remember?”

“He was joining the audition for the school play!”  This was the lamest, I would say.

“Uhm, I saw him a while ago, he was headed to the gym. Yes! Practice!”

If Lucas would just show up in front of me; all he needed was just one visit. One.

And now was the third day, Friday.

I could sense a huge possibility of seeing Lucas later, during our Chemistry class. After all, we were on the same class and we were lab partners as well. I was very positive about this.

I was on my way to school with Jack. I missed this guy.

We had been very busy with our own personal stuff. I didn’t know what he was up to this time. We didn’t have the time to see each other during our vacant days.

He had been very secretive lately. Well, me, I was busy convincing Lucas about Caleb. Likewise, Jack had no idea about it.

Do I need to tell him? Does it matter?

Jack and Lucas were cousins after all.

When we were still kids, I used to call Lucas, Charlie. Everyone called him Charlie. He stayed for a month at Jack’s house when his father, Libby’s brother, went outside the country for work. I could still remember we were just around seven or eight years old that time.

During his month-stay, Charlie and I became friends. When Jack was busy with his swimming lessons before, he usually asked Charlie to be my playmate. We used to hang out at our diner.

Luckily, we both happened to enjoy basketball. We loved playing shoot-the-ball, and whoever lost, would carry the other at the back when it was time to go home. Like how Jack often did when he walked me home.

Obviously, Charlie always beat me, but still, he insisted to carry me, instead of me carrying him.

I couldn’t imagine how he was such a nice boy before. He was far much different from he was a long time ago compared to what he was now. Charlie and Lucas seemed to be two completely different people.

Back then, Charlie was really a big kid for his age. And I was his total opposite; I was absolutely small. Well, even until now. So, we couldn’t visualize how I would carry him. We just laughed at the thought of that. It would have been very funny.

“Gab?”

“Gab? Gab?”

Gahd, I was daydreaming.