TPO Chapter 8: The Biggest Favor

Photo of Gabby at the right

If you want to create banners for me, just post a message on my wall. I'll put them on the next chapters. Thanks a lot!

Chapter 8

LUCAS

“No basket?” I yelled, getting into my feet, disappointed from the call of the referee.

“L?”

“Lucas? Any problem?” Max was shaking me unstoppably until I opened my eyes.

Looking around me, totally puzzled, I saw myself sitting on the bench inside the dugout, with the whole team, leering at me.

All this time, I was only dreaming. I thought we already lost.

But, it was only the half-time break.

It was way back last season when we lost our do-or-die State Championship match against the defending champs, Ravens.

I really had consecutive nightmares after that game. I felt guilty that it was because of me why we didn’t get the trophy.

Coach was in the middle of the huddle giving his final instruction.

Going back to reality, we were in the lead by 12 points at the end of the first half.

“Boys, you’re doing a great job. Just keep on properly executing our plays during our practice and we will surely win.” Coach instructed.

“Let’s beat those birds, on three. One. . . Two. . . Three. . .” I interrupted, roaring in excitement.

“LET’S BEAT THOSE BIRDS!” the whole team rumbled.

Beside me, I could hear Dan talked to James. “Birds? We are up against Stallions? Since when did horses... become birds?” he asked James, confusion was in his eyes.

James gave him baffled stares; he seemed to agree that there was something wrong. They didn’t realize that one during that time, which they had joined me with the yelling.

“Let’s go!” I told them with silent chuckles, tapping their shoulders.

A sustained and high-pitched whistle was heard in the opponents’ gymnasium, hint that the second half of intense offensive and defensive tactics was on.

The blow-out game between the Stallions and Tigers resumed.

Luck was on our side that our lead pumped up to 18 points until all we could hear was the echoing of the buzzer.

Everyone in the team was well-prepared and, obviously, in our perfect condition.

But I could smugly say that two of them surpassed their usual games; Ty and James.

Ty’s jumpers were feeling James, every dish the latter made; Ty put them into the score board. Ecstatic mishmash they were.

“Tight pass baby. Nice pass, dog!” Ty hollered, tossing his closed fist to James.

“It was all you, you feel me?” James answered back as well as his fist.

On the contrary, Dan was pretending like he was a sports anchor, interviewing the player-of-the-game.

“Okay, Kevin G., you dominated down low tonight. Any thoughts?” he asked.

”I dropped 24 apiece, Rajon played his game." elbowing Ty as I said Rajon’s name. "We wanted to show some love to our fans out there.” I jokingly made up, 

And our season started, we were 1-0.

***

To celebrate our victorious game, Max told us that he knew a place that served one-of-a-kind cuisine that, we would enjoy every bit of the food we would order.