Chapter 26- Stranded

Today was our last day on the road before we would finally be back home, everyone was eager to reach Sydney. I had been talking to Brax and he was going to be waiting there at my apartment.

We had all time low on full blast, We sang together and danced around. I laughed as Bryanna lip synced dramatically.

Cinder block garden came on, this song always hit me in the feels. "Mikey and Alessia, you take this one" said Ashton. Mikey began to sing the song to me as it came to the chorus, it felt like he was serenading me. In that all most perfect moment, I could smell something burning. "Somethings burning" i said to the others, Ashton pulled over quickly and checked the engine.

He pulled the hood of the car up and smoke arose in the air. "Yep, somethings definitely wrong" Ashton sighed. "I'll call Roadside Assistance" he said as he walked towards the woods.

"This stinks" said Calum while leaning against the car. "Well, maybe I can help" I said as I went to take a look at the engine.
"Alessia, I don't think this is something you could fix" said Luke, I was taken back by that "Well, I can probably identify the problem at least" I said.

I gazed over the car "judging by the thick grey smoke that filled the air when Ashton opened the hood and the smell, that's an indication the car is burning oil and is somehow leaking into the combustion chamber" I said looking at them.
"How do you know this stuff?" Asked Luke  in amazement, "my dad taught me some stuff; he was a mechanic" I said while dusting my hands off "that's hot" said Luke, "hey back off she's mine" said Mikey while nudging Luke, Mikey walked towards me and whispered in my ear "he's right though. It's hot" I blushed and shifted my attention to Ashton walking towards us.

"Well roadside assistance won't be here until the morning" said Ashton while scratching his head. "What?" Said Bryanna, I could tell by pitch in which she said that, that she wasn't happy. "Hell yeah, let's sleep under the stars" I said trying to cheer everyone up. I ran back to the car to grab our sleeping bags we packed in case this happened. "Thanks" Ashton whispered to me when I got back with sleeping bags.

We sat on the side of the road, the green grass was moist and mist filled the air. We all had our sleeping bags around our shoulders to shield us from the cold. We've only seen one or two cars drive past within the last hour or so. I slightly enjoyed the fact that we were given an extra night for us to just chill and enjoy ourselves.

Bryanna and I decided to take a walk by ourselves, we haven't hung out much with just us since I got out of the hospital. We ventured into the forest, flinching at the sound of animals scurrying in the distance. "So you never told me how the date went the other night" said Bryanna as she took a step over a giant branch. "He set out a candle lit dinner in the forest for us" I said, she smiled at me "That's so cute, Ashton never did that for me" she said with a hint of sadness in her voice "Are you kidding? He adores you" I said trying to cheer her up, it worked. "So, What happened after dinner?" She questioned, I blushed a bit. "No way!" She said excitingly "you, did it?" She asked, I nodded as usually this isn't a topic i'm comfortable discussing. "So how did you feel?" She asked, a smile crept up on my face "I was scared but there is no other word to describe it other than..." I paused thinking of a word great enough to describe it. "Magical" I said, "You guys are goals" she said to me as we stopped walking. "You know what, I Bet the boys are high-fiving each other about it right now" she laughed, "No, I doubt that" I replied, she let out a chuckle "well, you have way too much faith in them because when Ash talked to them the first time we did it that's exactly what they did" she said through laughter. "Bet you $10 we walk back now and they'll be talking about it" Bryanna said, "Deal" I replied.

We laughed as we inched closer to where they were sitting, they were in sight now and I could hear laughter. We sat down next to them again and the conversation changed. "So what were you guys talking about?" Said Bryanna with a smile on her face, an awkward cough escaped Luke's mouth when Mikey finally spoke up turning towards me "I told them" he said sharply with a hint of scared in his voice. Bryanna and I began to laugh and I pulled out $10 and placed it in her hand. "I actually thought better of you guys" I said through laughter. "I thought you'd make it till Sydney" I added.