Chapter 19~ The Best Damn Thing

In the morning we woke up bright and early to hit the road again! Just 2 more days on the road and we would reach our destination. There's no way to describe the feeling of driving with the windows down, listening to music and causing mischief with my friends.

It was around midday and we stopped off to grab lunch at an extremely questionable gas station, I grabbed out my phone and checked my cell service, I walked around until I finally got a signal. I checked Twitter. A few follows and a few mentions. As I was scrolling through I saw the one same photo being tweeted of Mikey and I holding hands @AlessiaK Remember when you said you would never take him from us? With a sad emoji, @AlessiaK Get away from him, he's too good for you...
My heart sunk, these comments were cruel, while I will admit I knew I would get this but I could never estimate just how much it hurts...

I sat down and the boys followed after they got their food, I kept scrolling through trying so hard not to cry publicly. I made a quick decision to tweet. I'm putting your questions to rest. Yes Mikey and I are dating. No, I'm not taking him away from you, finally remember I started and always will be a member of the 5sos Fam 💖 thank you

I get Retweets instantly. @AlessiaK I knew you were trouble when you walked in, @AlessiaK Back off Bitch. My head came full of their tweets and my chest full of pain, I tweeted, why is there so much negativity in the world. Everyone calm down... I scrolled through and saw more hate, I couldn't take it I stormed out and sat on the hood of the mini van. I put my legs up and rested my head on my knees.

*Mikeys POV*
"What's up with Alessia?" Asked Bryanna "To be honest I don't know" I replied "Dude, you need to check her Twitter page" said Calum. With that I grabbed my phone as fast as I could, I read the tweets and the hateful comments. I looked outside and saw her sitting alone on the hood of the car, crying. I jumped up and Walked to her as fast as I could.

"Alessia, you can't let it get to you" I began talking "Mikey, I appreciate it but people literally hate me" she said back and put her head up "Okay, your my girlfriend and at the end of the day you are mine and I am yours. We're together for a reason" I said to her, she just nodded. I feel like she hears me better when I'm not speaking. I picked her up looked her in the eyes and said "Your heart is way to beautiful to deal with this" and our faces inched closer until we kissed, Deeply and intensely.

~Alessia's POV~
Somehow he took the pain away just like that, it was like we were in the middle of a rom com with Kate Hudson or something. We stopped for air and calmed ourselves "I confess. Your the best damn  thing that ever happened to me" I said and took his hand.

We walked back to join the rest of the squad. They all gave us looks as we sat down "Get it boyy" exclaimed Calum, I just shrugged it off. "I need to find myself an Aussie Girl like you someday" said Calum "Your too sweet" I replied. "Okay so back in the road in 10 minutes yeah? Said Ashton "YASS" I exclaimed.
Soon enough we all walked out of there chanting "Lads lads lads lads lads" Over and over.

It got rather cold in the car when it hit about 5pm, I snuggled with Mikey for a while as he kept whispering sweet things into my ear. Only one more day and we would be in Surfers Paradise! Literally.