Chapter 16: Forest of Death?!?

*Kira's P.O.V*

Everybody went silent, obviously confused by Ibiki's statement. Oh well. "Fuck Yeah!" I hollered, thrusting my fist through the air.

Although, Sakura didn't seem to have the same reaction. She slammed her hand on the table and got up from her seat. "What?" She hissed. "What do you mean we pass? What about the tenth question?!?"

Ibiki began chuckling to himself, with a creepy smile spreading over his face. This guy is too much, I swear.

"There never was a tenth question!" Ibiki laughed. "I guess deciding to stay was your answer to the question."

The majority of the room better thank Naruto for saving their asses. "Huh?" Sakura questioned in confusion.

"Wait just a minute!" The blonde sand shinobi raged. "Are you telling us the first nine questions were a complete waste of time?"

"No, not at all." Ibiki answerd easily. "It's quite the opposite actually. The first nine questions had a very fundamental purpose. They were to test your ability to secretly gather strategic information under the most arduous circumstances."

Erm... Okay?

"My intention was not only to test you as individuals, but as a group and how you work in teams." Ibiki continued. Well, that was a waste of time on me, because.... I don't have a team. "That's why your scores were scored on a team basis. You knew that everything you did, or failed to do, would affect your team. I needed to see how you would all handle the pressure."

"Yeah, I knew it was something like that." Naruto boasted. "That's why I was able to stay cool the whole time!"

Before I could stop myself, I fell to the floor in a fit of laughter. Naruto and cool don't go together, unless the cool has an un in front of it. No offence to him obviously.

"As you may have noticed..." Ibiki began speaking again, whilst helping me off the floor. "The questions in your test were far too difficult for most Gennin to be able to answer. I'd imagine that most of you quickly came to the conclusion that you'd need to cheat to get any sort of answer. Truth be told, this test is designed for you to do just that. In fact, it demands that you cheat."

From the corner of my eye, I noticed two boys transform into Chunnin.

"Haha." Naruto laughed obnoxiously. "I wasn't fooled for a second! You'd have to be a complete idiot not to see it... Isn't that right Hinata?"

Whilst he said that last part, he looked towards Hinata, who seemed to start blushing.

"Those who were caught cheating failed the test." Ibiki ignored Naruto. "It's better not to cheat at all... Than to cheat badly and get caught!"

He took off his bandanna to reveal many scars, causing most people to gasp. I can't lie and say it didn't affect me at all. I actually had no idea he had any...

"Information can be the most valuable weapon in battle." Ibiki informed seriously, unfazed by the reactions. "How well you are able to gather information can be what deems your mission as a failure or success."

This is the world my sisters children have created, how interesting yet sad.

"Sometimes you'll have to risk your very life for information." Ibiki stated, I can tell he's had to do that a few times. "Of course you have to always keep in consideration, the source of your information."

Ibiki paused, carefully wrapping his bandanna back around his head.

"Information that you gather from an enemy will not necessarily be accurate." He warned us. "Always remember that wrong information could be worse than no information. It could lead to the death of your teammates, or the destruction of the village. That's why you were put into a situation where you had to cheat to survive. Those who weren't good enough were weeded out."