Chapter 12: To The Chunin Exams

*Kira's P.O.V*

"So, I know this is a little early, but I gathered you here to tell you that I've recommended all of you for the Chunnin Selection Exams." Kashi spoke up, causing all of us to look at him. He then reached into his pocket and brought out three slips of paper.

"Here are the application forms." He added, passing one to Sakura, Naruto and Sasuke. "I can see the look of concern on your face Sakura... But don't worry so much. It's totally up to you whether you participate in the exams or not."

I looked at him confusedly, where's my paper? "Alright!" Naruto exclaimed, engulfing Kashi into a grateful hug.

"Hey!" Kashi barked. "Don't drool on my vest!"

"You're the best Kakashi-Sensei!" Naruto yelled, ignoring Kashi's previous comment.

"Uh..." I started, trying to gain Kashi's attention.

"Ah, Kira... Only a maximum of teams of three are allowed to participate in the exams. This meant that one of you would be unable to take the exam. Although, Lord Hokage and I have recommended you take the exams on your own!" Kashi explained, pulling out a sheet of paper and handing it to me.

"HELL YEAH!" I cheered.

"For those of you who want to participate..." Kashi started explaining. "Take your signed form to 301 at the academy. The exam is five days from now at 3."

I'm taking the exams on my own... That means it's me against everyone. Me even against my own team! Can I really hurt Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke? No. No matter what, I'll do all that I can to help them!

"Don't worry Keke-Chan! We'll wait for you before the exams, because no matter what... You're still apart of team 7. Believe it!" Naruto exclaimed, grinning at me.

"Thank you Naru, I'll see you guys later." I replied to them, walking away.

As I walked through training field 54, I felt like I was being watched.  A chakra signature suddenly flared up behind me, causing me to turn.

I watched in what felt like slow motion as a kunai came flying at me. Before I could fully comprehend what was happening... The kunai was suspended a few centimetres from my chest... In my hand. I had stopped it just in time.

"Who are you?" I hissed, looking at the man who had just appeared, the kunai slipping from my fingers. The man was dressed in black attire and half his face was covered. He had a rain ninja headband and his chakra was distorted. It was actually kind of familiar.

He glared at me and began charging. Okay, if this is what he wants, then so be it. I jumped back and onto the branch of a tree.

"Ninja Art: Poison Senbon." I announced, as poison senbon shot from my mouth. Unfortunately the ninja successfully dodged all the senbon.

I jumped at him and aimed a kick to his head, which he blocked and he threw a punch at me. I grabbed his fist and used his weight to pull him to the floor. I quickly jumped on top of him and held a kunai to his throat.

"Speak... Now!" I commanded, wanting to now the identity of the intruder. I heard a proofing noise.

My eyes wandered downwards to see... Iruka? "IRUKA!" I exclaimed, taken by surprise. He simply smiled at me.

"You passed. This was a test to see if you're ready for the chunnin exams and it seems like you are." He said. I got off him as he dusted himself.

"Uh... Okay?" I asked in confusion.

~Time Skip brought to you by the fact Boruto could never compare to Naruto~

Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura and I are currently walking to room 301... But Sakura's acting weird. I personally think she's afraid.