Chapter 6: The Demon Brothers and Zabuza

*Kira's P.O.V*

Kashi was suddenly wrapped in chains. His chakra signature wavered slightly before he was chopped to pieces.

My eyes narrowed. Oh so that's what you're planning... I smirked, watching as one of the ninja ran towards Naruto, but Sasuke joined Naruto.

The other one went after Tazuna. Do I really need to interrupt? I mean clearly ninja are after Tazuna but this is only supposed to be a simple D-Rank Mission so obviously something just isn't right here...

"Almighty pull." I said simply, the ninja was immediately pulled into my hand and I held him by the throat.

"Wha-" He shouted in fear, causing Sakura and Tazuna to also look at me.

Sakura gasped. "Kira..." She trailed off, unsure of what to say.

"Hey guys..." Kashi nonchalantly waved, what a guy.

"Kakashi-Sensei!" Sakura yelled out happily.

"Naruto, I'm sorry I didn't help you out earlier, I didn't know you would freeze up like that. Good job Sasuke, you too Sakura. Uh, Kira... You can let him go now." Kashi ended with a sweatdrop.

I shrugged, releasing the ninja. "You're not afraid are you? Scaredy Cat." Sasuke taunted Naruto. Of course I would stand up for Naruto, but I think this will help him. I mean a healthy rivalry can't hurt... Right?

"Why is it always me?" Naruto yelled out. "I couldn't do anything. I wasn't able to protect them like Kira and Sasuke..." He trailed off.

I felt my eyes soften, I know what it feels like to just stand there. Unable to help. He took a kunai and dug it into his hand.

"I pledge upon this wound, bridge builder, that I will protect you with everything I've got." Naruto finished.

I'm not sure whether to be proud of him for that speech or to be angry at him for stabbing himself. I mean what kind of masochist idiot stabs themselves?

"That was a great speech and all Naruto, but if you lose anymore blood... You will die." Kashi replied casually with a closed eyed smile. Naruto began freaking out.

I calmly walked up to him and took his hand, he looked at me confused. His hand seemed to be healing itself? An image and a name flashed into my mind. The image of the nine tailed fox. 'Kurama'. Who the hell is Kurama? Thoughts easily drifted into my mind as we started up our walk again. Does this mean Naruto is the holder of the nine tailed fox?

It would make sense considering he is an Uzumaki and they have been the jinchuriki within the Leaf for centuries now. But I've rarely heard of that clan lately. Now that I think about it, Naruto looking like the fourth, being an Uzumaki and a jinchuriki could only mean-

"We need to get to the other side of the river. So Kira?" Kashi asked, bring me out of my thoughts.

I looked down to see everyone had gotten into a boat and they were looking at me.

"Uh, there aren't any seats left..." I trailed off.

"You could sit on someone's lap." Sasuke spoke up, causing me to glare at him.

With a defeated sigh, I jumped onto the back of the boat, crouching and using my chakra to stay stable.

~Time Skip brought to you by sharp teeth... Shark teeth~

"OVER THERE!" Naruto yelled. I went into the bushes to see an adorable white rabbit, frozen in shock.

"Hello bunny-chan! Would you like to my bunny, bunny-chan?" I questioned, doing a chibi face. "Pretty pleaseeeeee?"