Chapter 25

Jane Pov

     It was still pretty early in the day, and Ellen and Sadie had been asleep for a while. I didn't wake them though because they probably needed the comfort of each other. I had almost nothing to do for the day so I went back into my bedroom where Maura was still reading her book.
     "Wanna go for a run?" I looked at my wife and she smiled and nodded before putting her sneakers on.
     We left Ellen a note and went outside in the warm spring weather. Most of our jog was silent. It was a comfortable silence. We ran for a couple miles and decided to walk back. I took her hand and laced my fingers with hers while we strolled back to our home.
     "So Sadie mentioned that her parents are going to be moving down here." Maura finally spoke and I nodded.
     "I am actually hoping that whatever is going on between Sadie and Ellen, works out. They seem to need each other. At least for a little while." I sighed and squeezed Maura's hand.
     "Jane, I want to put her into therapy." Maura looked at me and I reluctantly agreed.
     "As much as I think that she won't like us for doing it, it'll be better for the future." I said and Maura nodded.
     "The thing is, I am still worried that her past is going to show up." I quietly said as we entered the house.
"That's why this kind of thing is important." She looked at me as she handed me a glass of water.
     I nodded and drank the water greedily. Maura and I would talk to a therapist and bring Ellen to her.
     "I, all of a sudden, am feeling nauseous." Maura put her hand on her hand and headed towards our bedroom to lay down. I followed her.
     "You okay?" I leaned over her as she shut her eyes.
     "I... I don't know. Probably just from the heat. The sun can cause many different-" I cut her off with a gentle kiss.
     "If you need anything, just call me." I whispered while pushing the hair out of her face, before leaving a soft kiss on her forehead.
     She nodded and I left the room, I would leave her to sleep.
...

Maura Pov

     I wasn't feeling very well, I thought about Ellen, and my scars. I fell into a light sleep and almost immediately, woke up.

     I was having an anxiety attack.

     "Jane." I whimpered. I was quiet, and didn't think that she could hear me. I started to cry.
     "Jane." I whimpered again, this time, a little louder. She heard me this time and came into our bedroom, my cheeks, stained by my tears.
     "Maura, babygirl, come here." She sat on the bed and I wrapped my arms around her comforting body. My ear was against her chest and I listened to her heartbeat.
     "I don't know what happened." I sobbed into my wife. I haven't had anxiety attacks for a while.
     "What can I do?" Jane whispered as she let go of the embrace and her concerned eyes met mine.
     I knew that I needed to get over myself. I needed to trigger the things that scared me the most. Things that Jane had avoided doing to me, in fear that I'd get scared. I needed to finally confront those things, so I wouldn't have to worry about it. It's been bottled up all these years.
     Jane continued to watch me as she waited for an answer.
"Maur...?" She cocked her head and I met her gaze.
     "There's something we have to do later." I muttered to her. I couldn't just ask her to strip me and hold me down. It had to be a moment while we were making love. That's why I had chosen to wait till later.